Vantage Point - Big Screen Experience Intros

Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer

Please go here for info, bugs, issues and feature requests

Been working on a plugin that bring the big screen experience and is user driven.

Introducing Vantage Point Plugin for Emby.  It can be downloaded in the Emby Server Plugin Catalogue.

the order is pretty much set at the minute, But so far I’m happy with how it works.

At the minute these are the following sections

1. Personal Bumper
  2. Trivia Section
  3. intros, funnies and adds, select upto a max of 50 intros from your selected folder - good to use while your movie guests get drinks, popcorn, hotdogs etc, 
  4. Personal Bumper
  5. Coming Soon Bumper
  6. coming attractions, select number of trailers to play from various sources.
  7. Courtesy intro - be quiet or mobile phones off. Only 1 is selected
  8. Personal Bumper
  9. audio codec intro matched to feature presentation audio track, only 1 is selected
  10. Feature Presentation Bumper
  11. countdown to feature presentation, only one is selected
  12. MPAA, BBFC, etc - certification screen which is matched to the MPAA rating tag in the nfo file. 
  13. Feature Presentation Starts.

For Bugs and Issues, please post them in the below thread

Vantage Point - Big Screen Experience Intros - Plugins - Emby Community

Edited by Cheesegeezer
UPDATING CONTENT
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 6

Cheesegeezer
30 minutes ago, Luke said:

Cool, thanks for sharing !

No probs, it does rely on Cinema Intros being ticked and uses that framework, as the rest of the code is shut down now its the only in I found to write the plugin. It requires Emby premiere subscription and I’m not asking for money for the plugin so please can you advise me after release of any code changes i have to implement 

Cheesegeezer

Here is the config page. Simples at the moment, my html and js sucks but i hope it to be more exotic in the future, not important now as the function is there and once set up you’ll probably never visit this page again

2809CCAA-E222-49D2-A1C0-CE08326D2796.png

EF1816F0-4567-4E23-9239-677CF9330081.png

2B389D67-02B3-44D5-B4E7-E12A1A3D6AD0.png

• Like 1

crusher11

Does the codecs portion support tags, the way Cinema Intros does? I use that to get an alert to switch my receiver to Pro Logic mode if the movie is in 2.0 mono or 2.0 surround. 

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, crusher11 said:

Does the codecs portion support tags, the way Cinema Intros does? I use that to get an alert to switch my receiver to Pro Logic mode if the movie is in 2.0 mono or 2.0 surround. 

Yes, I’m thinking of moving tags to a separate part, and i also want to include custom studio intro, such as fox, lionsgate, etc

Edited by Cheesegeezer
Addition

Cheesegeezer
3 hours ago, ebr said:

Welcome back to the fray Cheese!

Hey Eric, how’s tricks mate

Cheesegeezer
57 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

Can these settings be adjusted per library? 

Nope and it will only work for movies. Use Cinema Intros for TV stuff.

with respect, the plugin isn’t released yet and it needs testing in its basic form. One thing that breaks something good is feature creep.

crusher11

I'm not worried about TV, but about being able to exclude my wrestling and short film libraries. If I sit down to watch a WrestleMania it seems silly to have to sit through a completely random movie trailer, and a three-minute trailer before a 5-minute short film is a colossal waste of time.

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, crusher11 said:

I'm not worried about TV, but about being able to exclude my wrestling and short film libraries. If I sit down to watch a WrestleMania it seems silly to have to sit through a completely random movie trailer, and a three-minute trailer before a 5-minute short film is a colossal waste of time.

Set those to Home Videos in your library , for one they are not movies. Tell me what you do at the moment for intros

crusher11

They are movies, though, inasmuch as they're on TMDB with poster art and metadata. And the short films just genuinely are movies, in every sense.

At the moment I have tags on all my 2.0 mono/2.0 surround content, and a codec intro set up to alert the viewer to switch on Pro Logic that matches those tags. I have it set to play one trailer before each movie. It works fine for the most part but I watched a couple of shorts last night and the trailers before them were an inconvenience.

I didn't initially realise this hadn't been released, either, I saw the link in the first post while I was on my phone and figured it was a download link and I'd look at it when I was on my computer. I see now it's just a YouTube demo.

Cheesegeezer

Crawl.... walk.... run!!

all I’m gonna say

• Like 2

aspdend

Soumds interesting Cheese, looking forward to giving it a try...still waiting for that nice theme though...😀

Cheesegeezer
5 minutes ago, aspdend said:

Soumds interesting Cheese, looking forward to giving it a try...still waiting for that nice theme though...😀

Hello mate, yup theme isn’t gonna happen, basically would require the whole writing of an app. I wish they hadn’t closed down themes for Emby Theatre.

got a couple of tweaks to do then I’ll release it for a few testers, to test it’s current functionality and not to request features. 

• Like 2

crusher11

So at this stage basically the only difference between this and the existing plugin is that you can have a greater number of intros, and include the parental rating?

Cheesegeezer
9 hours ago, crusher11 said:

So at this stage basically the only difference between this and the existing plugin is that you can have a greater number of intros, and include the parental rating?

Well crusher - i guess you have that name for a reason - you really sap the life out of anyone trying to better the project. 

But to answer your question- Yes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

BillOatman

That's pretty cool.  But my kids and wife moan now because I have one 30 second intro that plays before movies.  I'd have a mutiny on my hands if I had that many :)

Using a lighting plugin like the philips hue one along with this would make the theater experience pretty complete.  Only thing missing is the $5 popcorn ;)

Edited by BillOatman
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BillOatman said:

Only thing missing is the $5 popcorn

Where in the world are you getting popcorn at a theater for only $5...?

• Haha 3

Must be splitting the box with the guy behind him in line. :)

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, BillOatman said:

That's pretty cool.  But my kids and wife moan now because I have one 30 second intro that plays before movies.  I'd have a mutiny on my hands if I had that many :)

Using a lighting plugin like the philips hue one along with this would make the theater experience pretty complete.  Only thing missing is the $5 popcorn ;)

Oh Bill, you poor thing!!  I'm hoping to get onside with @chef for vera and the webhooks plugin creator(s) to look at implementing these. I'm so rusty with the coding.  If i pop it up on Github, there could be some help for me and  it could be pretty cool and full featured.

• Agree 1

Nah he used that discount you get using the AMC app and ordering ahead of time . You can order all the food/drinks, pay ahead and tell em when you will be there. Then just go find a seat and click the "bring my order" button and enter your seat number. It is so simple. You save 10-15% ordering via the app and using bring it to me service.

Edited by speechles

Cheesegeezer

Deciding whether to implement this or not

image.thumb.png.2c841f9472b95fd59b247caef61cd233.png