Multi part movie cannot show correctly in Emby.

MrNo0000

MrNo0000

Multi part movie cannot show correctly in Emby.

I tried with the support page: Emby Movie Naming : Emby, and followed the instructions with Split video files (file stacking), it cannot work. The movie won't show as a single movie, and only one part could be scanned, the other part will just be recognized as an extra content of the movie.

I really don't know how to fix that. And I upgrade the Emby server to the latest 4.6, still same problem. 

What should I do to make this kind of multi part movie show correctly in my library? Except for merge the two files into one. 

Happy2Play

@MrNo0000can you go over a specific example.

The media should play continuously, but will display the additional parts.

MrNo0000

The files are stored like this:

/Movies/movie name (2002)/movie name (2002) - disc1.mkv

/Movies/movie name (2002)/movie name (2002) - disc2.mkv

And I also tried part#, pt#, disk#. 

MrNo0000

So it will show as additional parts? Whats the correct UI of multi part movies. 

Several things I assume my UI is not right:

1. The .nfo file is generated with the file name of one part of the movie, not the folder(the right movie name). And if I deleted the .nfo, it will regenerate with the other parts' name. 

2. The movie will be moved out of the collection. 

3. The movie last time will be only the part it scaned (the .nfo file part time), not a time combained all parts. 

4. The additional parts of the movie has no poster or any other metadata. 

5. They can't play continuously. 

MrNo0000

But there's other problems.

It won't play continuously, and it can't be showed in collections. 

Right now I have a Lord of Ring Collection generated by the Auto Box Sets plugin (which now is built in Emby server 4.6), and after I managed them as multi part movies, the collection is gone too. Even I tried to rescan the liberary or rebuild the collections. 

You can't add an additional part to a collection, only the main item (first part). Yes after you add/remove parts, it gets scanned in all over again and you may have to redo things like collections for it.

Overall our multi-part support is a bit rough around the edges. It's not where it needs to be, but given that they're not used by very many users, we're constantly prioritizing other work over it. We will get there, although for the best experience possible, I would always suggest joining the files.

MrNo0000

But what I mean is that the movie won't show in the collection totally, the main part won't be showed in the collection either. If I turned one movie into multi part naming, it will vanish in the collection. 
And yes, joining the files could be a solution. But further actions like merge the subtitles might cause some work. 

If I turned one movie into multi part naming, it will vanish in the collection. 

Are you not able to add it back to the collection?

MrNo0000
27 minutes ago, Luke said:

Are you not able to add it back to the collection?

Need to do that manually.

And if all the movies are named as multi part, the collection won't be created automatically at the first place. 

So, the true problem is that the collections need to be create manually if name as multi part movie, which means the Auto Box Set(or the built-in feature) won't working. But not add a movie back to its own collection, cause the collection won't be existed at the beginning. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2021 at 10:56 PM, MrNo0000 said:

Need to do that manually.

And if all the movies are named as multi part, the collection won't be created automatically at the first place. 

So, the true problem is that the collections need to be create manually if name as multi part movie, which means the Auto Box Set(or the built-in feature) won't working. But not add a movie back to its own collection, cause the collection won't be existed at the beginning. 

Hi, yes, apologies, but it is a one-time operation, right? We can look at improving this. Thanks for the feedback.

• 3 weeks later...
MrNo0000

Hi, thanks. The collections were manually organized after the discussion.

Thanks for your reply.