Guide Organization

johnbil

johnbil

Forgive me if my question was already answered, but I didn't see where it was. I'm trying out the Pre,iere features especially Live TV/DVR. In all, the features are GREAT!

I do find the guide  'refresh' is very slow. My biggest problem is organizing channels on the guide. I only want to list a couple dozen of my IPTV providers' many channels. I have put them as Favorites, but other related channels are piling on too. Is there a better way of limiting/organizing my guide? A plugin for this?

Please let me know. Thanks.

John B

Hi, the best way to speed up the guide refresh is to disable channels that you don't need. Have you started by doing that?

johnbil

Sounds great, Luke. How do I do that?

Also, I now started having a DVR problem (I guess I spoke too soon).. I set two shows to record tonight, but they didn't. I'm guessing it's because the guide info went missing sometime after I set the shows up. How can I avoid this?

gillmacca01

To disable channels, select 'channels' from left navigation menu and unticked the channels you want to disable

9 hours ago, johnbil said:

Forgive me if my question was already answered, but I didn't see where it was. I'm trying out the Pre,iere features especially Live TV/DVR. In all, the features are GREAT!

I do find the guide  'refresh' is very slow. My biggest problem is organizing channels on the guide. I only want to list a couple dozen of my IPTV providers' many channels. I have put them as Favorites, but other related channels are piling on too. Is there a better way of limiting/organizing my guide? A plugin for this?

Please let me know. Thanks.

John B

I'm going to give you a different idea and tell you what I do.  If you only want a couple/few dozen channels what I do is download the m3u file and then either copy out only the channels you want OR delete all the channels you don't want.  This way you end up with an m3u file on your system containing only the channels you want.

You can imagine how much faster it will be to load 36 channels vs a couple thousand.  This also only shows you the channels you want in menu options like CHANNEL where you can edit and change the default order. This makes guide refreshes very quick.

Editing m3u files is pretty easy once you look at them and realize almost every channel uses 2 lines.

johnbil

Thanks for the help guys. 

Anyone have any thoughts on my DVR problem? I can't seem to record anything now. 

4 minutes ago, johnbil said:

Thanks for the help guys. 

Anyone have any thoughts on my DVR problem? I can't seem to record anything now. 

Please go over an example:

Thanks.

johnbil

Hi cayars,

I would like to try your solution, but I can't find the M3U file. Where would it be located?

Regards...John B

Emby v4.5.4.0  (Portable)

Windows 7, SP1

johnbil

I am a long time Emby user who is trying out Premiere. My main concern is the DVR feature. As I mentioned in a previous forum post, it initially worked beautifully. I was able to schedule and record shows with no problem. I don’t know why, but that has stopped completely and no recordings are being made. I have set up the recordings up by way of the Guide and through a Channel search. The recordings are acknowledged and even appear in the Schedule. I have tried individual show and Series recordings. Nothing takes place and they disappear from the Schedule after the time has passed.

Does anyone know what’s causing this?

Regards…John B

Windows 7, SP1

6 minutes ago, johnbil said:

I am a long time Emby user who is trying out Premiere. My main concern is the DVR feature. As I mentioned in a previous forum post, it initially worked beautifully. I was able to schedule and record shows with no problem. I don’t know why, but that has stopped completely and no recordings are being made. I have set up the recordings up by way of the Guide and through a Channel search. The recordings are acknowledged and even appear in the Schedule. I have tried individual show and Series recordings. Nothing takes place and they disappear from the Schedule after the time has passed.

Does anyone know what’s causing this?

Regards…John B

Windows 7, SP1

@johnbil I've merged your topic into here. We're happy to help. Please go over an example attach the information I requested previously. Thanks.

24 minutes ago, johnbil said:

Hi cayars,

I would like to try your solution, but I can't find the M3U file. Where would it be located?

Regards...John B

Windows 7, SP1

Hi, your iptv provider gives you a url to it, it doesn't come from Emby.

johnbil

Luke,

I posted a seperate question about my DVR issues because I got the impression that you wanted me to. I also felt that more users would see its 'subject' and could offer their help. If you want to merge it back, no problem.

I've provided all the info that I could regarding the problem. I searched, but could not any log files to submit. I don't know what other info I can provide. I don't think specific TV shows would be helpful.

Any ideas how I can get things working?

8 hours ago, johnbil said:

Hi cayars,

Regards...John B

When you setup your m3u tuner in Emby you likely put in a URL starting with http or https.
If you copy that string and put it in the URL line up top in your browser it should download the m3u file.  This is what you would edit.
You then put this modified file in a location your Emby server can reach and then select this file vs using the web file.

Let's try and tackle your issues one by one.  If it's ok with you let's narrow down your channel list first then we can work on your recording if that's ok with you.

Carlo

6 hours ago, johnbil said:

Luke,I searched, but could not any log files to submit. I don't know what other info I can provide.

A specific example means providing discussion of what, when you attempted to record, what you expected to happen and when, etc, and then providing the associated server log from those time frames. Instructions on how to find the server log are located in the link I provided.

johnbil

Carlo,

I've downloaded the M3U file. I'll edit it and let you know. It may take me some time.

• Like 1

Perfect. Let us know how you make out.

I'd say it will make a night and day difference for you once completed!

johnbil

Sorry to be a nag, but has anyone figured out why my DVR function is not working? This is really frustrating.

Regards...a John

Hi, we need the info Luke asked for to go over the issue.

That log is showing 403 errors in your log.

2021-05-26 22:00:00.040 Info HttpClient: Http response 403 from http://removed
2021-05-26 22:00:00.040 Error M3UTunerHost: Error opening tuner
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.5.4.0
    Command line: C:\Emby\EmbyServer.dll
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
    Framework: .NET Core 3.1.9
    OS/Process: x64/x64
    Runtime: C:/Emby/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 4
    Data path: C:\programdata
    Application path: C:\Emby
    MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Forbidden

So for some reason your provider is not allowing you to use it's service. You did have multiple recordings at the same time which could have pushed you over their limit. 
You would need to check with them but it's definitely not an Emby issue as the provider is returning 403 errors.