Default subtitle play for undeclared

dseg30

dseg30

Ok, stop me if you've heard this one and I just can't find the option.   I use the emby app on my android tv.  I also have a ton of files/folders that have internal subtitles on things.  The only weird thing is when it was initially transcoded for some reason they were lazy and the english sub isn't labeled as eng, its just labeled as UND (undeclared obviously)   it would be great to set it to play this as well as english (which I have it set for) automatically.  Am I missing it?

• Like 4

Hi, yea I'm not sure what the right answer is yet, but I think we do need a way of handling Und subtitles, especially if you can generally predict what language they are going to be.

GrimReaper
9 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, yea I'm not sure what the right answer is yet, but I think we do need a way of handling Und subtitles, especially if you can generally predict what language they are going to be.

Well, fallback language in Subs settings would sort that one out. 'Undefined' can be one of the selections - personally I'd have use for another language, as I assume some others would too. 

dseg30
7 hours ago, GrimReaper76 said:

Well, fallback language in Subs settings would sort that one out. 'Undefined' can be one of the selections - personally I'd have use for another language, as I assume some others would too. 

Oh yeah a fallback setting would work.  I'm not too sure how hard that would be to do haha but I like your thinking!  

• 2 months later...
JanneKah

I made a similar request in March (thanks @GrimReaper76 for pointing to this thread) and since there were no updates regarding this I asked again two days ago. No reply yet...unfortunately.

Edited by JanneKah
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
JanneKah

Alright, it's been almost a year since I made my request that was closed for "duplicate" reasons (which was strange since my request was the earlier one, but that's not what this is about). 

Now after almost a year I still haven't heard anything but "we're looking into it". That's very disappointing and even though I supported emby through my Emby Premium sub for this whole year I didn't even hear anything remotely specific (same with another request I made almost a year ago). I feel like I have to say it here too: This is not about implementing "my" idea, I'm not that egocentric. It's about how you handle user requests. It's disappointing.

• 1 month later...
visproduction

I don't use the android app. For srt files, in a browser, subtitles appears on the media page with whatever language when you name the subtitle separate srt file with the language code dot srt.  Movie_name_en.srt or Movie_name.eng.srt. If the subtitles are embedded inside the video file with .mkv, then you probably need to edit the .mkv file parameters.  Then in the .nko file there are settings for forced subtitles and I there are also subtitle choice in the Emby Metadata edit.  I am not sure they are all working perfectly for every file type.

Anyway, hope that helps.

• 5 weeks later...