web access goes to startwizard

thubbard
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

thubbard

My web interface (internal and external):8096 have stopped working. Now they go to the Emby splash screen, then to wizardstart "welcome to emby" screen. If I use an app (android, firetv, etc.) it works fine. My users are available, as is content and the dashboard.

I just installed the latest update and it's still an issue. 

EmbyConnect gives the warning that you're going to a private server, then the same behavior when it goes to the local server.

app.emby.media works.

Any help is appreciated.

• Solution

Hi, sounds like something may have happened to your server configuration, causing it to be invalid and sending you to the startup wizard. What you could do is just quickly step through it and then check and reconfigure any server settings that may have been reset.

thubbard

It asks for your first user. I've already got several users that work well and are configured for various levels of parental control. Should I just create a different one?

Without knowing what caused it to happen I can't really make a guarantee but I think you will be fine. Worst case scenario you may have to reconfigure some things and then you'll be fine after that.

The first question we need to answer is whether this is the same installation and somehow the server configuration got reset, or if you've somehow managed to install it twice on the NAS and what you're looking at with the wizard is the second copy (although this should not be possible on Netgear).

1 minute ago, thubbard said:

It asks for your first user. I've already got several users that work well and are configured for various levels of parental control. Should I just create a different one?

If you enter the name of your existing admin user I think what will happen is that will get picked up and no new user will be created, which would probably be the best thing.

thubbard

I think that resolved it! I stepped through and added the primary admin user and the others are there now and the web interface is working. Thank you!

On a related note, there's an option on the users to limit max simultaneous video streams. I can't change that from "unlimited". It says it requires a premier subscription, which I have.

Thanks for the feedback.

What happens when you try to change that option?

thubbard

It's disabled - maybe. It seems I can very briefly see an empty drop-down displayed. For a fraction of a second. Perhaps there's somewhere I have to set up options besides "unlimited".

thubbard

Ok, it's a browser issue or remote-desktop. I can see the dropdown through another browser. 

Thanks again for your help!

• Thanks 1