YouTube trailers - No longer working

lushLi2ard60
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, lushLi2ard60 said:

So on the latest version of Emby, the Trailer button is showing even if there is no trailer in the nfo, is that normal?.

No as I just tested this in stable and beta and no trailer button appeared.

Edited by Happy2Play

lushLi2ard60

Humm then I don't know what happened. 

I know for sure that the issue got resolved by giving Emby write permissions to the nfo.

The most important is that it works now.

Thanks all!

Happy2Play

Something is astray if nfo does not contain a YT url and the button appears.  As no url means no button.

So this suggests you have a minor issue in your database.

• Solution

It could still show if you have a local trailer video file, or if you didn't enable nfo saving, or the save was blocked due to not having write permissions.

lushLi2ard60

Yeah that's probably because write access wasn't permitted.

I have Radarr creating the info, but I didn't want Emby to overwrite them.

Thanks!

DavidAus

Hi guys,

Just letting you know I have the same issue. I am not sure if/what update it coincided with but it was in the last few weeks. The Shield just shows the "video playback error" and through a browser:

image.png.41c24cb791c988bbcf375b6dbf651a7f.png

But the NFO does have a trailer specified:

<trailer>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=MjQJQumFn94</trailer>

I cannot find any movies where the trailer actually plays. However the random trailers do play when I start a movie. Let me know if you need any more info? Thanks

**EDIT** I found a few other threads where people had the same problem recently. Doing a single item metadata refresh seemed to have resolved that item. I have asked for a whole library metadata refresh so hopefully this will resolve it.

Edited by DavidAus
New info

lushLi2ard60

Yeah unfortunately I am still getting the error too.

Forcing a Replace all metadata for the entire library resolved the issue for current movies.

However, the Trailer button on new movies that are getting added aren't working. I have to refresh the metadata either for each new movie or for the entire library again.

Searching for missing metadata isn't enough.

Edited by lushLi2ard60

What movies? I can only reproduce this on a couple, SIster Act and the Bourne Supremacy, and Youtube is throwing an error code which says "The owner of the requested video does not allow it to be played in embedded players" and therefore can't be used in the youtube api and must be viewed in the youtube app or website.

Refreshing the metadata did not help for either of those titles. That doesn't mean you're getting the same error though, but if you are then you can see the 150 error code in the browser debug console.

If you are seeing the same problem and refreshing metadata does help, it's because someone on MovieDb must have noticed this and changed it to a new video url.

lushLi2ard60

Hello Luke,

When I say new movies I just mean movies that got added after I did the replace all metadata thing. Not necessarily recently released movies.

No matter what movie it is, I get the same error that I opened this post for.

I changed the permission since and so Emby can now modify the NFO.

For example if I add a new movie here with its own NFO, Emby will scan it and add it into my library. However, the Trailer button wouldn't work until I do a Replace all metadata. As soon as I do that, Trailer would start to work.

Thanks!

Edited by lushLi2ard60

lushLi2ard60

So I just tried with another movie, Crisis.

I clicked on the movie, then Trailer and I got the playback error. I then replaced all metadata, went back to the home page and waited 30 sec. Then I clicked back on the movie, then Trailer and it worked.

Thanks.

Happy2Play

@LukeHas something changed or is this a third party writing issue?

<trailer>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=MjQJQumFn94</trailer> (BAD)

<trailer>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&amp;videoid=MjQJQumFn94</trailer> (Good) Emby Created

Only did this comparison

3 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

@LukeHas something changed or is this a third party writing issue?

<trailer>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=MjQJQumFn94</trailer> (BAD)

<trailer>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&amp;videoid=MjQJQumFn94</trailer> (Good) Emby Created

Only did this comparison

The first one Emby will not be able to understand, so I think that is the issue. You have an existing trailer url in your nfo so emby reads that but isn't able to play it. That's why refreshing metadata fixes it, because it allows Emby to obtain a new trailer url and replace the old one.

So I can update the nfo plugin to support this.

Happy2Play

So the next question would be what program created these nfo files?

lushLi2ard60

Hello all,

That's exactly what is happening, I checked one of the movie that I haven't refreshed the trailer and here is the format
  <trailer>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=tI1JGPhYBS8</trailer>

Those are created by Radarr, for me at least, by the Edit Kodi (XBMC) / Emby Metadata more specifically.

Thanks!

Edited by lushLi2ard60

Happy2Play

Resolved in my test with plugin update 1.0.56.0.  Just need to do a library scan.