New Bugs

BLAlley

BLAlley
Posted (edited)

Apparently there was an update, and now there is no artwork when music plays in the "screensaver" mode, and my albums no longer sort by release date even though it's still set to that sort mode, always sorting alphabetically instead. The year also no longer shows up, which I assume is related. Also, why does the song list grab art from a different album instead of using the cover image for THAT album that is already in the folder?

1007733404_MusicSort.thumb.jpg.89034e70967c5276c9231b2907080602.jpg

Edited by BLAlley

Hi there, what do you mean by screensaver mode?

BLAlley
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Hi there, what do you mean by screensaver mode?

When it stops displaying the list and shows the info at the bottom, usually with a background image

Hi, If I go to music on 4.6.1 and select ALBUMS it DOES sort by release date just fine for me in web.
If you click on the 3 dot menu you can select YEAR to be displayed.

How specifically are you reproducing this?

Hi. Make sure your music has completed a full library scan.  According to your screenshot, those are folders not albums (as far as the system is concerned).  Is all your music properly tagged?

BLAlley
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi. Make sure your music has completed a full library scan.  According to your screenshot, those are folders not albums (as far as the system is concerned).  Is all your music properly tagged?

Ugh. I realize there are people who don't try the obvious things before posting, but that is not the case with my issues. I have rescanned my music multiple times and all of it is tagged. Before the update it was all properly sorted both as albums and as folders, and had cover and background art for every album. Now the folder view won't sort because it erased all of the release date data. If that option was removed, why are there still settings to sort folders by release date and display the date under the title? Also, when I go to Album view a lot of my album art is now gone, replaced by improperly formatted artist images. 

By the way, I use the folder view because it organizes my albums by artist, not collectively. I know there is an artist view but it sucks, using circle thumbnails for the artists and adding the songs individually and the albums in a horizontal line instead of a grid. Oh, and I can't fix the missing album data because "Identify" no longer works. That's probably why data is now missing in the first place.

I chose Emby because it read and formatted my music exactly the way I wanted, but now it's a mess, and it's clear the users are going to be blamed for not accepting the crappy layout and bugs.

Anyone who thinks this is how we want our music displayed is out of their mind.

423097395_AlbumView.thumb.jpg.69d446835092d78208c82e687b27715c.jpg

Edited by BLAlley

BLAlley
5 hours ago, cayars said:

Hi, If I go to music on 4.6.1 and select ALBUMS it DOES sort by release date just fine for me in web.
If you click on the 3 dot menu you can select YEAR to be displayed.

How specifically are you reproducing this?

Congratulations on using a version for which I have no access and then telling me I'm full of shit.

Hi, the difference with 4.6 is that folder view is just folders, and folders don't have release dates. You can do this in the albums tab though.

BLAlley
Posted (edited)

More bugginess. Before I could use folder view for Artist (sorted Alphabetically), then go into the Artist folder and see the Albums in Folder view (Sorted by release date), but when I clicked on the album it took me to the Album view with the play options. Now it just stays in Folder view and only lets me play the one selected song.

The first image is what I see now when I select an album in Folder view. The second is what I used to get when clicking on an album in Folder view.

743917570_folderlist.thumb.jpg.5a5c64fb7319e38c06ac0b0f4d43525c.jpg1154458618_AlbumList.thumb.jpg.df269e1080492fce2198d18503a7c513.jpg

Edited by BLAlley

Posted (edited)

4.6.1 started rolling out to different platforms yesterday
https://emby.media/download.html

If you don't have it yet on your platform, it won't be much longer.

Edited by cayars

BLAlley
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, the difference with 4.6 is that folder view is just folders, and folders don't have release dates. You can do this in the albums tab though.

I don't want Albums view. I want my albums grouped by Artist, but that view sucked even before it erased a bunch of my art. Look at the image above.

Edited by BLAlley

4 minutes ago, BLAlley said:

I don't want Albums view. I want my albums grouped by Artist, but that view sucked even before it erased a bunch of my art. Look at the image above.

You can do that too in 4.6

You have different tabs up top to group things by Albums, Album Artists, Artist or Composer. You also have grouping by genre, playlists, folders or songs.
So there is quite a bit of freedom in grouping your music or exploring it many different ways.

BLAlley
1 minute ago, cayars said:

You can do that too in 4.6

You have different tabs up top to group things by Albums, Album Artists, Artist or Composer. You also have grouping by genre, playlists, folders or songs.
So there is quite a bit of freedom in grouping your music or exploring it many different ways.

You're not paying attention. I know how to use the Goddamn view options. My point is the other sorts SUCK, so I used Album view and it sorted and displayed perfectly until the update, and now stays in Folder view for the song lists instead of going to the actual album play view when selected. They didn't fix anything, they broke it.

BLAlley

First Image shows the FOLDER View options. If Sort by Date wasn't available, why is there still a setting for the release date like before?

Second image is the Album List under Artist. It sucks.

Third image is Album List under Folders. It's awesome, but with the release dates having been stripped with the update it can no longer sort that way. Before, when I clicked on an album in this view it too me to the Song List with Play options. Now it just shows the list of song titles with the art that has been randomly assigned to it.

510714956_SortSelection.thumb.jpg.b8d90c4f721ac2c4d08cad597dcf2b73.jpg406166401_APAlbumsArtist.thumb.jpg.304c73971588572b423a7926076d07bd.jpg529964419_APAlbumsFolders.thumb.jpg.05a23a5306fbf70311aecc24c4b7d601.jpg

It's there because folder view is genetic for all media.

It would work with a folder of videos, but not a folder of folders as folders don't have release dates.

BLAlley
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Luke said:

It's there because folder view is genetic for all media.

It would work with a folder of videos, but not a folder of folders as folders don't have release dates.

Funny how it did until the update. I was listing my Album folders by release date before, and it showed the year under the title and cover image. Below are the Artist Folder views, with the update and after I manually restored the release dates that the new update stripped from the metadata. Am I supposed to manually type in all that data for hundreds of albums to get my preferred views back? It wasn't broken, yet you felt the need to "fix" it. Remember, it also randomly stripped cover and background art from my album listings. Another reason I prefer Folder View to Artist View.

1946928472_APAlbumsFolders.thumb.jpg.e41775747d5bd9eb75e167fe34b2d231.jpg471263573_APAlbumsFoldersFixed.thumb.jpg.bdc7cc1efdecf90bff205290b0c52352.jpg

Edited by BLAlley

Folder view now is an actual folder view which I don't think was the case in 4.5

If you check your music library configuration, what option do you currently have set for "Music folder structure:"?

BLAlley
5 minutes ago, cayars said:

Folder view now is an actual folder view which I don't think was the case in 4.5

If you check your music library configuration, what option do you currently have set for "Music folder structure:"?

Organized into Artist/Albums, with Songs in the folders.

Using either of the 2 PERFECT choice should allow the pics to be loaded from disc.
The folder names in 4.6 need to match the album artist and album, so give that a check.

BLAlley
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, cayars said:

Using either of the 2 PERFECT choice should allow the pics to be loaded from disc.
The folder names in 4.6 need to match the album artist and album, so give that a check.

My folder names already match. I was meticulous when I originally set them up. Emby used to work perfectly. This update effed it up. If you're not meant to sort by date in Folder View, why is it still an option?

Edited by BLAlley
  • Like 1

BLAlley

Since you're forcing me to use a view that sucks, I'll be deleting Emby. It was nice while it lasted.

pwhodges

Forced?  You're not forced to upgrade if you prefer the previous version.

If you want video upgrades but not audio, you could consider running two instances of Emby (using different ports, of course).

Or you could work with them to find why your experience is unsatisfactory in spite of your metadata being so good.

You have options, you see!

Paul

• Like 2

BLAlley
5 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

Forced?  You're not forced to upgrade if you prefer the previous version.

If you want video upgrades but not audio, you could consider running two instances of Emby (using different ports, of course).

Or you could work with them to find why your experience is unsatisfactory in spite of your metadata being so good.

You have options, you see!

Paul

Uh, it automatically updated, and now I'm stuck with a buggy, sloppy mess. It worked before, now it doesn't.

pwhodges

Don't we all love automatic updates!  

I forget, as I don't get them (running as a service, I don't even need to disable them).

Paul

BLAlley

Is there a way to go back to the version that worked?