m3u - multiple credentials

horstepipe

Short of scripting or using a database with import/export and scripting it I'd just do it manually.

Typically even I will just manually do this for a couple hundred channels as I have to type the the URL anyway.  If doing two lists that are similar I'd open both and edit side by side.  If the lists are identical I'd only modify one then copy it and do a global search/replace of the username and password.

horstepipe
On 7/5/2021 at 11:14 PM, cayars said:

Short of scripting or using a database with import/export and scripting it I'd just do it manually.

Typically even I will just manually do this for a couple hundred channels as I have to type the the URL anyway.  If doing two lists that are similar I'd open both and edit side by side.  If the lists are identical I'd only modify one then copy it and do a global search/replace of the username and password.

Hm but where are these lists stored in Emby folder? Are they also in library.dB?

When I was referring to a database I meant something you built not any Emby Database.  Some people will import m3u files, manipulate and filter them, then export them back out.   Short of being a programmer/dev that route is out for 99.9% of people. :)

Next easiest would be scripting or very light programming such as being able to read in a text file, write it back out while parsing a line to add a group.

Lastly there is downloading the m3u file.  Hand editing to remove channels you don't want then adding the groups manually.  This is something everyone can do and isn't too bad when you get your list down to a manageable size of 250ish channels. 

I'd in know way try to manipulate this info once in Emby via script or any programming.  The key is to make the changes outside of Emby before it's imported.

• Agree 1

horstepipe

soo script is ready, Emby is reading the m3us now. Guess this takes a while, we will see.

@cayarsany recommendation where to store channel logos online so I can insert the links in the m3u directly? I hoped github would work but unfortunately it doesn't seem so.

Any place that you can use an http URL string should work.

horstepipe
2 minutes ago, cayars said:

Any place that you can use an http URL string should work.

yes but where lol

wondering if I'm doing something wrong why github doesn't work here.

It shouldn't matter.  Heck you could run your own mini web server and serve them up locally which is what I would personally do.

Got a URL example that isn't working?

horstepipe
2 minutes ago, cayars said:

Heck you could run your own mini web server and serve them up locally which is what I would personally do.

yes if I won't find anything suitable I will do the same

horstepipe

thanks!

so this basically seemed to have worked, thank you again!

But I'm wondering... in tv guide I see every channel twice now (for a user without tag restriction), as expected.

but if I go to live tv settings -> channels there's only one channel, so they're not doubled. Why does this happen?

Are you sure they aren't doubled but one whole set is showing then the other?  Doubtful but thought I'd ask.

This could be a bug. I doubt this has ever gotten specifically tested as it's an unusual setup that most testers wouldn't be using!

horstepipe
1 hour ago, cayars said:

Are you sure they aren't doubled but one whole set is showing then the other?  Doubtful but thought I'd ask.

yep

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, horstepipe said:

yep

Any chance you could PM both the lists you're using so I can use them to test with?  You can change username/password as I don't need to play the channels.

horstepipe
On 7/9/2021 at 7:36 PM, cayars said:

Any chance you could PM both the lists you're using so I can use them to test with?  You can change username/password as I don't need to play the channels.

yes will do, thanks!

Thanks, just got the two m3u lists and will be testing.

• Thanks 1

OK Testing on 4.7.0.3 beta this works fine for me.  Both the guide and channels only show me one set of channels when using a tag.

I had to make up dummy guide data for each list but mapped them the same for both sets.

horstepipe
7 minutes ago, cayars said:

OK Testing on 4.7.0.3 beta this works fine for me.  Both the guide and channels only show me one set of channels when using a tag.

I had to make up dummy guide data for each list but mapped them the same for both sets.

Yes that's fine here, too.

I was just wondering why I don't see two of each channels - with an admin account who has no tag restriction - at Live TV -> Channels

With tag restriction in place on my Admin account:

image.png.6477301b7133741a224ae2357ddbff97.png
image.thumb.png.d703cf6fe2f0f2e3058c50b256a1281b.png

Without tag blocking

image.png.7a69311152ff8d8fa9d705156a1532ce.png

image.thumb.png.5da6677d300780943042ec4e4c966866.png

horstepipe

that's not what I am talking about, look at my screenshot. I'm talking about the live tv settings in admin gui 🙂

In the management channel list you as the admin should see both lists.  Is that what you're asking?

horstepipe
49 minutes ago, horstepipe said:

yes... 🙂

Edited by horstepipe