"Continue watching" endless loading

Super1
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

This isn't something we can make "just work". It fails for a valid reason and we need it to fail.  Otherwise there is no use in using a cert in the first place.

If however you secure an SSL cert recognized on the internet properly for the domain you are using and input this correctly in Emby Server then it will just work.

Your problem is likely that you don't "own" the domain you are using so you have no authority to get an SSL cert for it..  What you want to do is register your own domain, set this up and register a cert for it. 

Super1
1 hour ago, cayars said:

This isn't something we can make "just work". It fails for a valid reason and we need it to fail.  Otherwise there is no use in using a cert in the first place.

If however you secure an SSL cert recognized on the internet properly for the domain you are using and input this correctly in Emby Server then it will just work.

Your problem is likely that you don't "own" the domain you are using so you have no authority to get an SSL cert for it..  What you want to do is register your own domain, set this up and register a cert for it. 

Untrusted cert should be considered by user not just automatically banned. And i wasn't using a domain with self signed cert only an IP

I have successfully configured duckdns with lets encrypt now and everything works.

if you do manage to make it work with self signed please report it here so i dont have to re configure ssl every 90 days. 

I think Luke is interested in making it work because he asked for android app log

You have to understand this isn't web browsers but often times streaming devices who the parent company dictate the rules.  Google, Roku, Apple, Amazon, Microsoft make these rules not Emby. When they see an invalid cert it's blocked.

Self signed certs have a place sometimes in business but you need to control everything in the environment to enable them.  It's far easier to pay $10 to $20 bucks to get a domain and a cert and do things by the book and just have it work. With free certs now available and easy to aquire, the need for self signed certs has all but diminished for most uses. No longer do they cost hundreds of dollars a year like they used to.

You can get free certs and cheap domain names depending on extension. Emby supports all legit uses of certificates that can be validated on all platforms.

As you found out, it's not hard to setup using Lets Encrypt or behind CDNs like Cloudflare that provide the certs for you.

With ransomware encryption on the rise, exploit chasing without bounties being offered on the rise, and hacking of credential storages rising fastest of all.. self signed certificates are garbage. If you accept one you might as well just be using normal HTTP since you are just fooling yourself. Do as @cayars suggests and invest in protection against threats. Do not create an exception to threats. Be smart not prey.

Edited by speechles
  • Agree 1

Super1
On 6/9/2021 at 4:51 PM, Luke said:

Please try again with the next update to the app. thanks.

Ok i will. On google play last update is april 30. I will try when the update comes.

Thank you again

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi please try the new Emby for Android 3.2+ app update that is currently rolling out and let us know if it helps. Thanks.

Super1
On 6/24/2021 at 2:58 PM, Luke said:

Hi please try the new Emby for Android 3.2+ app update that is currently rolling out and let us know if it helps. Thanks.

Its working. Thanks. 

• Thanks 1