 M1

MyTheater

Hi, 

Do you have any estimated time for Emby server M1 Support ? 

We wouldlike to order dedicated mac only for this for my friends and myself but don't want order it if not fully optimized.

and less important but will you propose emby client app in Mac AppStore with Siri integration for search and indexing result in macOS ? Maybe widget with "what's next ?", "continue this program" or maybe "futur recording" just to give quick info without opening app. 

Have a good day.

Luke

Hi there, yes Emby Server already supports running on an m1 mac. We already have a client in the app store:

https://emby.media/emby-theater-macos.html

We have basic Siri support and are adding to it with each new update to the macOS app. For widgets, yes, I think that would be a great idea for us to do.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...
Luke
12 hours ago, bretswinney said:

What about Mac OS server support For M1?

Hi, it's already supported. Have you tried it?

bretswinney
9 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, it's already supported. Have you tried it?

I have it installed I was just checking to see if it was fully M1 supported & not just using rosetta

Luke
4 minutes ago, bretswinney said:

I have it installed I was just checking to see if it was fully M1 supported & not just using rosetta

.NET core apps, which Emby Server is, run under Rosetta, however, the upcoming .NET 6 will support Rosetta 2 as well as native arm64 targeting. So we'll be playing with that once it is available and stable. Thanks.

bretswinney
42 minutes ago, Luke said:

.NET core apps, which Emby Server is, run under Rosetta, however, the upcoming .NET 6 will support Rosetta 2 as well as native arm64 targeting. So we'll be playing with that once it is available and stable. Thanks.

Awesome thanks for the info.  I am migrating my emby server over to a M1 mac mini & will leave the files over on my windows server.  I really like the responsiveness of it.

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

hi,In have M1Macmini,When M1 macmini is used as an emby server server, it is unstable, and the server will be lost in a few hours. It needs to shut down the process repeatedly and restart. At present, it does not support GPU hardware accelerated encoding and decoding

Luke
12 hours ago, 高飞 said:

hi,In have M1Macmini,When M1 macmini is used as an emby server server, it is unstable, and the server will be lost in a few hours. It needs to shut down the process repeatedly and restart. At present, it does not support GPU hardware accelerated encoding and decoding

HI there, please attach the emby server log from when this happened.

Thanks.