Backdrops in music playlists

Bottles51

Bottles51

Currently when i play music from my playlists and go to now playing no backdrop is shown. Before 4.6 update i had backdrops. I have re scanned library and made sure i was using a self populated playlist and not a smart playlist (Just in case there is a compatibility bug) . I have checked on PC and on android NVIDIA Shield, both no backdrop. I Have made sure that the artist playing had a backdrop.  Hope this is a quick fix and thanks for all the hard work.

Edited by Bottles51

Bottles51

Would you have any solutions for me? I just created a new test playlist with same outcome.

Bottles51

I use Emby on all my devices in the house to listen to music. Before the update when i played one of my playlists and was on the now playing screen there was an artist backdrop. There is an artist backdrop when i go and play a song by itself but that defeats the purpose of my playlists. I have put endless hours into labeling and making sure music is tagged right. Pre update I even took the time to drop in missing backdrops so that there was not a blank TV screen or monitor while that song was playing. So to sum it up when i pick a playlist and hit shuffle the music starts. Then I see a page with albums and what is up next. Behind that used to be a backdrop. After a min that drops off to what is now petty much a blank screen.

20210524_160808.jpg

20210524_161058.jpg

19 hours ago, Bottles51 said:

This is what happens when i go to the artist and pick the song to play

20210524_161720.jpg

That looks good, right? What devices are the previous two?

Bottles51

That is the same device a shield. The first example is when I play a playlist. The second example is when I go to artist and play song.  There is no backdrop when I play a playlist and there was pre update.

2 minutes ago, Bottles51 said:

The results are the same when I test on my windows PC.

Hi, do you mean using the web app?

Bottles51

Hi Luke,  Have you had any luck with what is going on with playlists. Am i the only one having this problem?

Hi, I'm not sure yet but we'll have a 4.6.2 update soon so please try that once available. Thanks.

Bottles51

So I am running 4.6.2 now and the results are the same. I have deleted all playlists and started a new test playlist. It does seem that some (and i do mean a few) songs i pick works. Also on the playlist page it does not show the artist under the song. The songs in which there is a backdrop has the artist as it is supposed to.

20210601_163602.jpg

Bottles51
3 hours ago, Luke said:

Did you make sure to run a library scan?

Yes I scanned all Music after update. Then Created the test and checked. Then scanned the playlists and checked.

Bottles51

Luke, all is well. I waited 24rs and tried again, everything seems to be working as it is supposed to now. Thanks