Camera Uploads not getting date set

mike3821

mike3821

So I setup the camera directory and enabled it on my phone.

I took some pictures and nothing is being uploaded.

Hi, make sure to keep the iOS app open and then just be patient. You can put the app in the background, but you can't swipe close it or iOS won't run our registered background process.

mike3821

So I uploaded a ton of photos. However, I’m not able to store these photos in my directory structures since all the time stamps are showing today. It’s not retaining the dates of when the photos were taken.

Is there anyway to fix this???

However, I’m not able to store these photos in my directory structures since all the time stamps are showing today.

Are you saying that prevents the files from being saved? I don't quite understand, sorry. Can you please go over an example?

mike3821
31 minutes ago, Luke said:

Are you saying that prevents the files from being saved? I don't quite understand, sorry. Can you please go over an example?

No, camera images are being uploaded and working.

The issue is related to time stamps of the images are not be carrying over to the OS. The issue is when somebody hasn't uploaded images in months (my wife) and I finally get around to her phone to kick off an upload, it's going to re-stamp the times for that time and date and not the original dates when they were taken.

Basically, I'm not able to organize the photos because I don't have the true dates. I organize via year/month.

Edited by mike3821

• 2 weeks later...

If you edit the metadata in emby for one of these photos, does it show a release date and/or year?