Recorded TV Library vs Recordings - Cover Art differences

unisoft

unisoft

I have a Recorded TV library which Emby uses DVD style cover art for any recorded TV (uses either guide data or tvdb lookups) and there is Recordings in 'Live TV'.

Recordings uses a thumbnail landscape picture and shows for each episode recorded of a series, whereas Recorded TV library uses portrait cover art and groups episodes under one listed programme title.

Shouldn't these be both the same look? The DVD portrait from Recorded TV library type looks better here as it usually is a more polished cover art for the programme title and contains all the episodes recorded under one entry for a programme in the library, making it easier to look for a programme when you have lots of stuff recorded.

Spaceboy

he means

image.thumb.png.c72aca40da52d5e259f9376a143ad31c.png

v this

image.thumb.png.d9dc165b90ec1e865b342922ab4e804d.png

I've thought this myself before but my preference is actually the first, i very rarely use the Recorded Shows library and almost exclusively use the recordings tab. but thats just how we watch recorded tv, we rarely have more than one episode outstanding of a series to be watched so it much quicker to find them in the recordings tab.

I've posted this before a long time ago, but in WMC you were able to flip between these two views almost instantaneously through the context menu. They both have their use cases

• Agree 1

unisoft
1 hour ago, Spaceboy said:

he means

image.thumb.png.c72aca40da52d5e259f9376a143ad31c.png

v this

image.thumb.png.d9dc165b90ec1e865b342922ab4e804d.png

I've thought this myself before but my preference is actually the first, i very rarely use the Recorded Shows library and almost exclusively use the recordings tab. but thats just how we watch recorded tv, we rarely have more than one episode outstanding of a series to be watched so it much quicker to find them in the recordings tab.

I've posted this before a long time ago, but in WMC you were able to flip between these two views almost instantaneously through the context menu. They both have their use cases

Sort of. In MY recordings, I just got the video thumbnail of "This Time with Alan Partridge" and not a cover art style generic thumb.

I record a lot of TV; and if you have lots of episodes, it can get tiresome looking for stuff. If I go into a RECORDED TV library, its easier because the episodes hang off the main programme title, with cover art (DVD portrait style) for the programme that is easy for the household folks to see.

Ok those two views are not really unified.

The recordings tab under live tv is really just meant to let you see the latest recordings individually.

The actual library is separate and could include other content.

Spaceboy
16 hours ago, Luke said:

Ok those two views are not really unified.

The recordings tab under live tv is really just meant to let you see the latest recordings individually.

The actual library is separate and could include other content.

thats not really relevant to the request.

we would just like to be able to have the possibility of the "grouped by show" view for the recordings tab. even better to be able to easily flip between the two as you could in WMC.

• Like 1

I think what Luke is saying is there is NO INTENT to group these in the recording tab as they are MEANT to be seen individually.
For a "grouped" view you would use the recording library which is designed to show grouped data.

Not sure how I personally feel about that, but that's what I think Luke is saying.
I think a logical argument would be that in other parts of the system like the collections view in movies is the same as the collections library and if this worked the same way a user could remove both "collections" and "recording" libraries from their home screen since these views are available elsewhere.

Spaceboy
4 hours ago, cayars said:

I think what Luke is saying is there is NO INTENT to group these in the recording tab as they are MEANT to be seen individually.
For a "grouped" view you would use the recording library which is designed to show grouped data.

Not sure how I personally feel about that, but that's what I think Luke is saying.
I think a logical argument would be that in other parts of the system like the collections view in movies is the same as the collections library and if this worked the same way a user could remove both "collections" and "recording" libraries from their home screen since these views are available elsewhere.

it was good enough for WMC...

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

it was good enough for WMC...

Dead apps tell no tales. LOL

Spaceboy
57 minutes ago, cayars said:

Dead apps tell no tales. LOL

its not dead, just resting....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...