Playlists, Queue, Genre Display, Album display, mouse

bnairb

A few things since I got this up and running a couple days ago.  You answered playlists currently aren't available in another thread. I also added my hopes for those in Media Browser Theater forum.  I use my playlists in WMC when I'm at home, but the same playlists sync to my ipod etc in Windows Media Player so I'm hoping to keep a centralized playlist.

I played with the queue menu a bit to build a Now Playing.  I thought it wasn't working, but I think what is happening is it will queue up whatever I add while in Media Browser Classic, but if I go out and watch the Now Playing and then go back into Media Browser and add something else to queue it overwrites the Now Playing instead of adding to it.

As in the other thread, I'd like to see album display.  I have quite a few unknown/various artists but I know the album name.  I know I can search for them by name, but when we're playing music, most of the time we scroll through WMC album display to pick songs to add to the queue.

My genre display in both music and movies brings up icons, but they don't say anything unless you hover over them.  Should they have some sort of image/name on them?  I attached an image.

My mouse is nearly useless as menus/items seem to jump around when i'm trying to hover and select.  Not sure if that's just my pc.  I use my arrows and enter etc to select something.

I'm hoping Media Browser Theater will be full featured, replace WMC, and address most of the issues I have with it and the desires I have of a centralized, graphical, full of information repository playable on multiple types of devices.  Very Excited.  God speed! 

genres.bmp

In the future it is a lot easier for us to keep track of issues or questions if you ask one per thread.

Most of yours are easy to answer though.

1) If you leave MB we lose any context we may have had about what we were doing.  Why are you backing all the way out to go to now playing?

2) Asked for elsewhere.  This is a feature request.  Doesn't currently exist.

3) Check your display settings.  There is a setting to show labels.

4) MBC is designed to be used with a remote or keyboard.  It does not work well with a mouse.  We had some advanced mouse support at one time but since each theme implements their own UI it was impossible to implement across all themes.

Can you do one topic per thread? That way each goes in the right area, and we all know what we're discussing when we come in here. Thanks.

Sorry guys i'll try to keep one thought per topic.

As far as backing out, I see now I can get to the now playing by clicking at the bottom on what's playing to get to the Now Playing instead of backing out.  That takes me to the now playing and if I back out of Now Playing from there it keeps me in Media Browser and keeps my queue going.  thanks.