Trakt no longer synching collections but watched still works

MyronAub
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

MyronAub
9 hours ago, Luke said:

@MyronAub

@crunchprank

Hi, please try the 3.6.3 update to the Emby Trakt plugin and let us know how that compares. Thanks !

The bad news is that this had started working again a few months ago but updating the plugin from 3.6.2 to 3.6.3 has now broken it again.

So I can see Trakt correctly knows I added some episodes yesterday but a couple more (e.g. "The Peripheral - S01E04") added a few hours ago (after updating the Trakt plugin) are not showing. Is there a way to reinstall Trakt 3.6.2?

UPDATE: Several hours later the newly added shows have appeared but I'd since actioned a manual library synch so unsure whether the shows would have automatically appeared anyway. I'm adding more new episodes now so will wait and see whether they appear automatically without manual intervention and report back.

embyserver(5).txt

Edited by MyronAub

7 hours ago, MyronAub said:

The bad news is that this had started working again a few months ago but updating the plugin from 3.6.2 to 3.6.3 has now broken it again.

So I can see Trakt correctly knows I added some episodes yesterday but a couple more (e.g. "The Peripheral - S01E04") added a few hours ago (after updating the Trakt plugin) are not showing. Is there a way to reinstall Trakt 3.6.2?

UPDATE: Several hours later the newly added shows have appeared but I'd since actioned a manual library synch so unsure whether the shows would have automatically appeared anyway. I'm adding more new episodes now so will wait and see whether they appear automatically without manual intervention and report back.

embyserver(5).txt 344.03 kB · 0 downloads

Hi, I'm pretty positive that the updated version hasn't caused anything, because it is mainly about making the matching between the two sides more accurate.

However what i can say is that the stable 4.7 release does trigger the item added event very early, often before internet metadata has been obtained, and I think this is the reason why the Trakt plugin can't match things up since the info isn't there yet.

The upcoming 4.8 release does wait until after metadata has been obtained and that should help resolve this. We're going to have one more 4.7.X maintenance release. I'll have to see if that change can be backported to 4.7 although I'm not positive that it can. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

MyronAub

I woke up this morning to find that Trakt has now been updated with the episodes and movies I added to Emby yesterday so that's great thanks and a huge step forward from when I first started this thread.

I use Emby and Trakt practically every day but I have to be honest that because Trakt Collections had been broken for so long, I had stopped checking/using the Collections feature and consequently I can't remember how it used to work.

If I watch something in Emby then typically it is marked as Watched in Trakt immediately and I assumed that this was the same when I added something new to Emby but that's definitely not the case now. It appears that Trakt Collections is only being updated during the nightly Scheduled Task. As an example, episodes and a movie I added four hours ago still don't appear in Trakt yet (perhaps this is related to the metadata lag issue you mentioned.)

Another oddity is that one episode that was added to Emby yesterday 19/11/22 shows up in Trakt as being added to my Collection on 16/11/22. I'll keep a much closer eye on Trakt Collections moving forward and see if there's a pattern if this happens again.

Many thanks.

I believe the plugin sends the date added value from emby server, so that's when trakt considers it as added.

• Thanks 1

MyronAub
18 hours ago, MyronAub said:

Another oddity is that one episode that was added to Emby yesterday 19/11/22 shows up in Trakt as being added to my Collection on 16/11/22.

14 hours ago, Luke said:

I believe the plugin sends the date added value from emby server, so that's when trakt considers it as added.

Thanks, overnight everything I added yesterday had appeared in Trakt by this morning although again there were episodes showing as being added on the "wrong" date. However a quick look at Emby's Advanced Library settings showed that "Use file creation date" was set for the Date Added value; I've now changed this to "Use date scanned into the library" so hopefully Trakt will receive actual added dates from now on.

The only niggle now is that Trakt is only being updated with new shows/movies during the nightly scheduled task rather than on the fly but that's not a deal-breaker and I'm just happy that Trakt now has accurate Collection details. Hopefully a future update will speed up the export of new episode data to Trakt.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
MyronAub
On 21/11/2022 at 07:51, MyronAub said:

The only niggle now is that Trakt is only being updated with new shows/movies during the nightly scheduled task rather than on the fly but that's not a deal-breaker and I'm just happy that Trakt now has accurate Collection details. Hopefully a future update will speed up the export of new episode data to Trakt.

Just to update that this niggle did fix itself after a few days; I've been keeping an eye on it for the last week and am now very happy that Trakt is being updated correctly with both Watched and Collected as and when my media is updated in Emby. 👍

• Thanks 1