Dashboard Active Devices are not very active and disappearing at times.

Brendon
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

thegrunge

Observation. the emby page of my server remained open while I left home with my laptop to my girlfriend for the weekend. when i opened my laptop i could see the functional dashboard until i refreshed the page. After a few minutes the update started up again

Edited by thegrunge

• Solution

I believe I've chased this down and that it is isolated to when the server admin restricts their own remote control access of other devices. So that should make it easy to resolve and thankfully, that also means this will not be a widespread issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

xdwarfx
24 minutes ago, Luke said:

I believe I've chased this down and that it is isolated to when the server admin restricts their own remote control access of other devices. So that should make it easy to resolve and thankfully, that also means this will not be a widespread issue.

YES YES YES!!! I looked at my own admin user account and for some reason Remote Control was completely turned off. Turning it back on for both options did the trick!!!

@Luke thank you very much looking into this and being patient with us in this topic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

thegrunge

@LukeYou are right these 2 options were unchecked in my user account! Everything is working now :)

The first option does the job without having to check the second.

Capture d’écran, le 2021-05-29 à 15.27.59.png

Edited by thegrunge

Tonyemby69
21 hours ago, Luke said:

Confirmed this fixes it.

• Thanks 1

rbjtech

Thanks @Luke - fixed for me too - not sure why I would have removed those options in the first place but enabling them brings back the active updates.

👍

Brendon

Worked for me too @Luke i only had the 'Allow remote control of other users' disabled though, shared devices was enabled already.

• Thanks 1