Dashboard Active Devices are not very active and disappearing at times.

Brendon
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Brendon

I have noticed since the update last night that active devices in the dashboard are static, the timers are not counting nor are the play lines moving, they are also completely vanishing at times. Checked this on Edge, Chrome and FF all are the same as is the android app. Anyone else seeing this?

Happy2Play

My Roku is actively updating about every 2 seconds during playback.

Brendon
57 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

My Roku is actively updating about every 2 seconds during playback.

Not here @Happy2Play, i did notice it was not right last night after the update but was busy sorting out an issue with album art.

HI there, can you please attach the emby server log from when this happens? Thanks.

Angelo078

I am also getting this issue the active devices doesn't show as before you could see if the transcoding is ahead of the current movie or episode

please @Luke we need this please

let me know what you need so that i can fix this or if it is an issues with the new update ?

Brendon
5 hours ago, Luke said:

HI there, can you please attach the emby server log from when this happens? Thanks.

I am just doing the fix on my music library @Luke, once that's done i will clear the logs and get some fresh ones with this happening for you.

6 hours ago, Angelo078 said:

I am also getting this issue the active devices doesn't show as before you could see if the transcoding is ahead of the current movie or episode

please @Luke we need this please

let me know what you need so that i can fix this or if it is an issues with the new update ?

6 hours ago, MaGift88 said:

Hi @Lukei am also having this issue what can be done to fix this ??

We're happy to help:

Thanks.

Brendon

Still doing a library scan so can't get clean logs as yet but on observation here's what i have noticed;

* Local streams show perfectly fine on the dashboard however when a local stream is happening remote streams do not show at all.

* Stopping the local stream and refreshing the dashboard shows active remote streams but the progress bar and counter are static, they do not move, refreshing the page updates the progress but it's still static not active in the dashboard.

* The remote streams will vanish seemingly at random.

I will attach the log file as soon as these scans are finished

Happy2Play

See there is the valuable information as it is not a local client reporting issue.  That is what my check was on local.  All my local connection update the dashboard just fine.

xdwarfx

I would like to report the same issue. I ended up doing a fresh install of Emby (dedicated Emby server). I can see a client login and then when i 'refresh' the page f.e. by going to 'all activities' and i switch back then a little bit of progress is shown but does not continue.

Then i switch again and wait f.e. 1 minute and go back to the server dashboard, the client is 1 minute into playing but no live progress is shown.

Angelo078

@cayars i think that something in the update made our dashboards active remote devices show only still and not as it was before

please can you find a way to fix this as it is the only way to see if the transcoding is ahead of the playback

also in the future could Emby have a APP to see just the server dashboard like PLEX has their own app to see server status or at least a web link

please we need this fixed i was looking in the community form ans saw their is alot of issues related to the dashboard after the update

9 minutes ago, Angelo078 said:

@cayars i think that something in the update made our dashboards active remote devices show only still and not as it was before

please can you find a way to fix this as it is the only way to see if the transcoding is ahead of the playback

also in the future could Emby have a APP to see just the server dashboard like PLEX has their own app to see server status or at least a web link

please we need this fixed i was looking in the community form ans saw their is alot of issues related to the dashboard after the update

Hi there, we're happy to help:

Thanks.

Brendon
On 22/05/2021 at 13:17, Brendon said:

Still doing a library scan so can't get clean logs as yet but on observation here's what i have noticed;

* Local streams show perfectly fine on the dashboard however when a local stream is happening remote streams do not show at all.

* Stopping the local stream and refreshing the dashboard shows active remote streams but the progress bar and counter are static, they do not move, refreshing the page updates the progress but it's still static not active in the dashboard.

* The remote streams will vanish seemingly at random.

I will attach the log file as soon as these scans are finished

Here is a fresh log @Luke, no local devices active atm there are currently 4 remote devices streaming but are not actively updating progress on the dashboard, they vanish occasionally and if i were to start a local stream the would completely vanish until that stream is stopped.

embyserver.txt

Edited by Brendon

Brendon
On 22/05/2021 at 13:29, Happy2Play said:

See there is the valuable information as it is not a local client reporting issue.  That is what my check was on local.  All my local connection update the dashboard just fine.

Yeah sorry @Happy2Play, i had not realised that part of the issue on first reporting it.

xdwarfx

If you want ik can send you my serverlog too but i would rather do that in a PM because of IP Addresses. Would that be ok?

Yes just PM the logs to Luke and also do a link back to this thread by coping the URL into the PM.

thegrunge

Since the 4.6.0.50 update we no longer see the progress of what in reading. Time stands still

Hi there, we're happy to help. Let's look at an example:

Thanks.

thegrunge

in fact when I am in the dashboard the scrolling time of what people are listening to is frozen so do not advance

thegrunge

i install the beta version and it is the same. I don't know if I should restart my server, but it's a strange bug if I open the dashboard in another browser the current readings disappear

thegrunge

Do you know what the dashboard is? it is the place where have seen what is being read. okay. since the update, the scrolling of time no longer advances and even disappears. Reader time, minutes and seconds no longer advance. I have to refresh the page to see what is playing

Edited by thegrunge