Free-to-air satellite integration with Emby?

FreeBSD_Lover

FreeBSD_Lover

So I have been using Emby with HD Home Run flawlessly for a few years now. However I only get three channels.  I am interested in those free-to-air satellite systems, that get free channels. I realize many are international channel, but if I can pick up a few more English language channels I think it would be worth it.

So, my question is, anyone have a free-to-air satellite system and have it integrated (through IP) with Emby? Is there a way to do it natively/direct, or did you have to use TV HeadEnd application and plugin?  I would love to find a system that I know will work with Emby.

I use FreeBSD if that matters, which I doubt. Note: I had TV HeadEnd installed years ago on FreeBSD but I found TV Headend to be poor at best; not sure if they have made any good progress in the last few years.

It would help if you gave a general GEO location where you are as that will determine what services are available.

I'm near Philadelphia or the eastern part of the US and can tell you we probably share the same view of the sky for the most part.
Unlike the UK, our "free to use" satellite choices really don't exist.

I'd love for someone to speak up and say I'm wrong but that's been my experience. With that said with some monster size dishes and the right equipment you can get some channels but it's not worth it and not in the league of what the UK guys get.

• Like 1

FreeBSD_Lover

cayars, you are correct. I am in the same satellite footprint as you, just my signal levels will be a bit fainter.  And thank you for your honesty.

• Like 1