Post 4.6.0.50 Update - Library Scan Never Completes

Pancho

Pancho

Setup - Server Version 4.6.0.50 (running on Unraid 6.9.2 Docker)

Hello!    After the 4.6 server docker update yesterday, my normal media library scan that completes in less than 2-3 minutes, runs now for literally hours.   It just increments slowly like @ 97.5, 97.6, 97.7% and I have yet to reach 100%.  

Stopped the docker, restarted, same issue, it just runs and runs and never finishes.   I do see numerous Musicbrainz errors below in the log:

-----

2021-05-20 00:32:15.649 Info HttpClient: GET https://musicbrainz.emby.tv/ws/2/artist/?query="Arthur+Resnick"&dismax=true

2021-05-20 00:32:15.680 Error App: Error in MusicBrainz
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.6.0.50
    Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
    Operating system: Linux version 5.10.28-Unraid (root@Develop) (gcc (GCC) 9.3.0, GNU ld version 2.33.1-slack15) #1 SMP Wed Apr 7 08:23:18 PDT 2021
    Framework: .NET Core 3.1.13
    OS/Process: x64/x64
    Runtime: system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 8
    Data path: /config
    Application path: /system
    MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: BadGateway
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
       at MusicBrainz.MusicBrainzAlbumProvider.GetMusicBrainzResponse(String url, Boolean isSearch, Boolean forceMusicBrainzProper, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at MusicBrainz.MusicBrainzArtistProvider.GetSearchResults(ArtistInfo searchInfo, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at MusicBrainz.MusicBrainzArtistProvider.GetMetadata(ArtistInfo id, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.ExecuteRemoteProviders(BaseItem originalItem, MetadataResult`1 temp, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, String logName, TIdType id, IEnumerable`1 providers, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
    TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

------

Suggestions? 

Thanks.

Pancho

embyserver.txt

HI, our musicbrainz mirror is getting hit hard due to all emby users getting their music libraries rescanned, but I would just be patient and allow the scan to finish. Please let us know us this helps. Thanks.

grafxxx

Hey @Luke, I have nearly the same problem. As soon as the scan reaches 99% the emby server crashes and needs manual restarting. I attached the log. Anything I can do? I also tried scanning libraries one after another but this issue is with all libraries.

embyserver.txt

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, grafxxx said:

Hey @Luke, I have nearly the same problem. As soon as the scan reaches 99% the emby server crashes and needs manual restarting. I attached the log. Anything I can do? I also tried scanning libraries one after another but this issue is with all libraries.

embyserver.txt 68.31 kB · 0 downloads

Do you have the previous log as nothing out of the ordinary in this 2 minute log.

Happy2Play
5 minutes ago, grafxxx said:

Only thing standing out in one of the logs is Emby.Notifications.Discord plugin.  Not sure if related at all as it only shows in one log.  But you could test removing it.  I know there is a lot of discussion in that topic recently.

2021-05-21 09:22:53.552 Error GlobalExceptionHandler: UnhandledException
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.0.50
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_armhf.deb
	Operating system: Linux version 5.10.17-v7l+ (dom@buildbot) (arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-8 (Ubuntu/Linaro 8.4.0-3ubuntu1) 8.4.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Ubuntu) 2.34) #141
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.13
	OS/Process: arm/arm
	Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
	System.NullReferenceException: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
	   at Emby.Notifications.Discord.Notifier.<CheckForMetadata>b__15_0(KeyValuePair`2 queuedItem)
	   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__139_1(Object state)
	   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallbackDefaultContext.Execute()
	   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
	   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()
	Source: Emby.Notifications.Discord
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

• Like 1

grafxxx

ok I'll remove it , do a restart of the server and then a complete scan. Activated debug Logging too. ;)

Edited by grafxxx

Happy2Play

@grafxxxDon't know if it will help but you can also enable debug logging (Dashboard-Logs) and restart Emby to see if it will provide more information.

grafxxx

Ok so it was the discord plugin after all. Scan took longer than normal but it went through without crashing. Thank you!

Pancho

@Luke   Update for you.   The library scan does finally complete.    Unfortunately, every time it kicks off (or I manually run), I'm in for hours watching it slowly increment until completion.   Emby log is still full of the same Musicbrainz errors from above.

Is that still the lingering issue or possibly something else?

embyserver.txt

Happy2Play
Just now, Pancho said:

@Luke   Update for you.   The library scan does finally complete.    Unfortunately, every time it kicks off (or I manually run), I'm in for hours watching it slowly increment until completion.   Emby log is still full of the same Musicbrainz errors from above.

Is that still the lingering issue or possibly something else?

embyserver.txt 5.92 MB · 0 downloads

This is going to happen for awhile as everyone's music has to be update and your log show you are still trying to get info from provider and failing.  So I would say days if not weeks of this issue.