Recorded shows now not showing up in My Media/Library Order

sross44

sross44

Just switched to the stable release of 4.6. Now all of a sudden my recorded shows folder no longer is showing up on the home screen or even on the admin side. For the first time, do we need to create a library for that? I thought that library was auto created once recordings were in the folder. 

HI, try running a library scan. If that doesn't help then I would check both your user library permissions and then your user home screen settings. Please see if that helps. Thanks.

I've seen this in 4.6 beta upgrades and each time a FULL library scan has fixed this.

Perfect, so if you're coming from 4.5 the update will kick off a library scan, so all you need to do is let that finish.

sross44

Still not seeing it. I moved from the beta to the stable version. And it was there in beta. Ran the library scan. Checked permissions. It's like it doesn't exist. However, under live TV the recording point the folder everything is in. Any more suggestions?? Thanks for the help guys!

sross44

Figured it out. It was a drive mapping issue to the NAS. For whatever reason, when updating to the stable server it didn't recognize any mapped drives I had. So, rebooted the server as well as Emby and boom, everything is seen perfectly by Emby. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, sross44 said:

Figured it out. It was a drive mapping issue to the NAS. For whatever reason, when updating to the stable server it didn't recognize any mapped drives I had. So, rebooted the server as well as Emby and boom, everything is seen perfectly by Emby. 

Hi.  I highly recommend using UNC paths instead of mapped drives but this will mean re-doing your library setup.

sross44
16 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  I highly recommend using UNC paths instead of mapped drives but this will mean re-doing your library setup.

@ebrI don't mind rebuilding the library...  may take a while, but that's ok. What's the benefit of pointing directly to the drive vs mapped? Just to eliminate what happened? Or another more in depth reason? Just curious your thoughts on this.

Windows will disconnect mapped drives when they idle and then Emby Server will not be able to reach them.

sross44
20 minutes ago, Luke said:

Windows will disconnect mapped drives when they idle and then Emby Server will not be able to reach them.

Makes sense. I'll make the change... but I will say this is the first time in using Emby in 2 years or so that it's created an issue, but totally get the reasoning! Thanks guys.