Unknown confirm Emby Account Link

cyl
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

I got an email today asking me to confirm Emby account link from something I don't recognize.

I did not click the link.

image.png.b7a8479701e2e2d7ec2972e775057fb6.png

I did not click the link, but was afraid something is compromised.

When I login to my server, I can see even though I did not confirm the link, this new server is showing up.

image.png.49670b8f70f0959f8777865df336f401.png

Should I be concerned? Should I remove it?

• Solution

Hi, someone invited you to their server.  Probably by mistake based on inviting you by username and thinking it would go to someone else. You can just ignore it and delete the server entry.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi all - I also received the same 'Confirm Emby Account' link email on 27-06-2021. Interestingly it is in relation to the same server name as that shown above by user 'cyl'. I don't know what those Hanzi/Kanji characters are, but they are identical in the email I received when I look at the screenshot that posted above, so presumably this is from the same sender. My paranoia says that this is not an idle mistake on the sender's behalf. I'm not sure what the benefit would be to them in getting people to connect to their server?

Could just be someone looking at usernames in the forum hoping to trade server links. (IE I give you access, you give me access).
That of course isn't something you want to do giving access to someone you don't know.

Best to just delete the invite and don't confirm it.

• Like 1

Hi.  You can safely ignore these and nothing will happen.  That is why we have this confirmation step.  With a user name of "Joker" I would guess this may just be another mistaken identity situation.

• Like 1