Android app random stops when playing in car with bluetooth

Przemek

6 hours ago, Przemek said:

Hi @Luke last time I drive a cor and listen to some album for 2 hours without problem. I was very happy my problem is over. Then I stop and go to gas station, start to listen to my playlist and it stops during first song. 😕

regards.

Can you grab the android app log from that time?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Przemek

• 2 weeks later...
Przemek

@Luke Hi, Today I watch episode without problem on smartphone LTE. When I finish I try to watch another. Episode don't start. Then I try to watch yt and there also have problem. Like internet connection was down. That was only few seconds and then everything works except Emby. On Emby still cannot start another episode.

Then I convert from 1080p to 480p mobile and also don't work. 

Next I turn off Bluetooth and episode start fast with 1080p.

Regards.

Edited by Przemek

Przemek

Hi, my sister has the same smartphone and the same LTE provider and she don't have that issue. Meybe when I change phone soon everything will work ok.

Regards.

Przemek

Hi, I have v3.2.05.
I will buy new smartphone in few days and I will see if that problem still occurs.
Regards.

• 1 month later...
Przemek

Hello @Luke I get new smartphone OnePlus9Pro with Android 11 (OxygenOS) but don't have Emby upgrade yet. I have still version 3.2.12.
I don't test that smartphone with Emby for longer journey but so far it works OK. 
Regards.

• 3 weeks later...
Przemek

Hi @Luke. I noticed that problem again on my new phone but on weak internet connection. My friend also occur that on smartphone. He has weak internet in home. He use my Emby server. He can smooth stream Emby in browser but have problems in Android app smartphone and he can even connect on app on smart tv (Android tv). On that tv he can smooth stream Netflix and HBO.

i think Emby have some problems when internet is not enough fast.

regards.

Przemek

On smartphone I have 3.2.19. 

Meybe it's because of my SSL. When my phone app stops I try on Chrome but I have error:

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

And says my connection isn't private. But when I try on Firefox there's no problem. I connect with https.

This happens to me as well and only happens if I have been on WiFI: Leave the house in my car with it still connected to WIFI, make the transition to the cell network and when the audio buffer is depleted, it stops and the app becomes unresponsive to any input. Have to restart the app every time this happens. Guess it confuses the server going from local to WAN side access and can't recover.

On 10/29/2021 at 10:47 AM, tda0626 said:

This happens to me as well and only happens if I have been on WiFI: Leave the house in my car with it still connected to WIFI, make the transition to the cell network and when the audio buffer is depleted, it stops and the app becomes unresponsive to any input. Have to restart the app every time this happens. Guess it confuses the server going from local to WAN side access and can't recover.

Hi, that's not quite what we're talking about here, but to respond to you, currently the user interface can handle switching from LAN to WAN seamlessly, but media playback cannot yet at this time. It's something we are working on improving. Thanks.

Przemek

Hi, @Luke I test many songs and for now it work fine. Meybe upgade fix my problem.
On my new smartphone I noticed that problems when listen to Google Podcasts. It stops many times but unlike emby I see notice that is network error (low signal) and I can resume after a while. 

Regards.