Can't Log In via Android TV

jblake68

jblake68

I had to change hard drives a while back and when I did I noticed that all of my playlists and collections were gone. And custom tags that I added to certain files. I think it was because the hard drive letter changed. 

Which option would be appropriate for me to save this information in the future?

Here is how you fix this
https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001849016-playlist-manual-migration
https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001173192-collections-manual-migration

In 4.6 Collections were completely redone and now database driven vs xml file based so that's one down. :)

The "easies" method in general is to keep a list of all drive mapping you currently use and if you ever rebuild setup the same way again with the same drive mapping.  This way all media appears to be in the same location.

Sure thing.  What exactly is your TAG problem?
Do you have/use NFO files?

jblake68

Not a problem yet. I’ll tag files so that its easy for me to find them. For example, “superhero movie” for Marvel or DC films. 

When I changed my hard drive I had to go back and add the tags again. 

Was just wondering if there was a way to save a file (setting) so that lets say my hard drive were to crash, my backup would be able to fill in and I wouldn’t have to re-add the tags again. 

If you set your libraries to write out NFO files then when ever you add a tag to media up the tag will get save in the NFO file.

I just added "DummyTag" to a movie and then went and looked at the NFO at this line was added

<tag>DummyTag</tag>