Filter Views esp. Collection View, by Tag....especially for recommendation.

ginjaninja

ginjaninja

Spoiler

Not withstanding the potential need for evolving tag design, around

• prescriptive /free flowing tagging
  • tag access control for creation, amend, delete, assign(and unassign)
  • tagging dimensions(hierarchy)
  • tagging ui design for management and consumption

I would like to be able filter views by tag.

I would like to tag a collection as  "recommendedforAlex","recommendedbyNick", and "TV" (i can do do this already)

and for alex to be able to able to  find such collections by filtering the collection view by 1 or more tags,

and the existence of such tags being signposted during the filter ui such that alex doesnt have to know the exact tag string or the tags existence (some sort of tag explorer).

In this way, users can browse a recommendation ecosystem.

You can already do this I think pretty much everywhere except the special collections library.

ginjaninja

I checked TV and Movies views on 4.6.0.46 and i dont see filter by tag..so maybe i am missing something or there has been a misunderstanding.Its the collections view i really want to filter by tag as collections are useful vehicle to convey information/intent between users about media.

image.png.18689efcdb0321923f631a91340ed8a5.png

57 minutes ago, ginjaninja said:

I checked TV and Movies views on 4.6.0.46 and i dont see filter by tag..so maybe i am missing something or there has been a misunderstanding.Its the collections view i really want to filter by tag as collections are useful vehicle to convey information/intent between users about media.

image.png.18689efcdb0321923f631a91340ed8a5.png

Do your items in those libraries actually contain any tags?  The filters only show actual available attributes.

ginjaninja
2 hours ago, ebr said:

Do your items in those libraries actually contain any tags?  The filters only show actual available attributes.

ah yes, that worked for movies...thanks...user training issue...

so is adding filterbytag to the collections view readily doable / in line with design?

i guess i could add the tag to every media item , rather than to the collection which houses the mediaitems...which sounds like the same outcome..although adding tags to multiple media items is a little more cumbersome (existing tags arent selectable, and the exact string needs to be remembered / typed.)