Accidently Deleted Emby Folder

tisron13

tisron13

Help! After getting the solution for an earlier problem, namely how to delete Emby cache, I have apparently went one step to far and accidently deleted the actual Emby folder. Now when I try to load Emby it point blank refuses to load. So if anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate the help. Thanks, Ronnie

CBers

Restore the folder from a backup, or if you haven't got that, re-install Emby. 

Not a lot you can do if you deleted the Emby folder. 

tisron13

Thanks CBers, that's what I thought. I've reinstalled Emby but it refuses to connect. I'd just started using Embay on my NAS, so hadn't got round to doing a back up. I deleted things because I messed up with adding libraries so I wanted a clean start, but apparently went one folder to far. Thanks anyway, Ronnie

wangbo

Before you do that check your trash folder for the NAS using the folders app might still be there if you havent cleared your trash folder completely the way to completely clear trash folder is through settings app and can be set to clear them after a set specific amount of time it is usually default set to every 30 days if you havent changed it they may still be there if they are can restore from the trash folder. Doesn't always save them but has saved my butt a time or two hopefully.  

Edited by wangbo
mispellings

tisron13

Thanks for that wangbo. Had a look but nothing there. Have created a ticket for technical help. So I'll have to wait and see what transpires. Thanks for all replies so far that have tried to help. Kind regards, Ronnie

• 2 weeks later...
freeflight29

Hello, 

when you have to reinstall emby, you have to delete emby user folder in "/volume1/home/emby", if it's not exist after the reinstallation, you have to connect to your nas via SSH (via winscp for exemple) and recreate it like the screenshot, then relaunch the app and go to the url http://localhost:8096 (it's the url by default)

hope it can help 

Emby.PNG