/emby/Library/Media/Updated

buccinator

buccinator

I am using sickchill in this way mentioned here below which describes my issue when using sickchill on a linux server and Emby on Windows...

https://github.com/SickChill/SickChill/issues/7136

Is it possible for sickchill to update the show by media item id?

Is it possible to add not just a UNC related path but any other paths also related sent by third party apps?

Is it possible for sickchill to update the show by media item id?

No, but we could easily add that, however, that won't help if it's not scanned into the database yet, so it's better to just report by path.

Is it possible to add not just a UNC related path but any other paths also related sent by third party apps?

What do you mean? The path needs to match how you've set it up in emby server library setup.

buccinator
7 hours ago, Luke said:

No, but we could easily add that, however, that won't help if it's not scanned into the database yet, so it's better to just report by path.

yes fair enough, iff it exists, how about match update by any movie, imdb or tvdb identifiers?

buccinator
7 hours ago, Luke said:

What do you mean? The path needs to match how you've set it up in emby server library setup.

but the paths will never match unless sickchill and emby are on the same server (and environment '/' <-> '\')...

Emby is on one server(1) (windows) with all the files eg. C:\Videos\TV Shows\
Sickchill is on another server(2) (linux) with mounts of smb shares from server1 eg. /mnt/server1/Videos/TV Shows/

So if Emby was able to catch (instead of just UNC associated paths but any other path sent) eg. /mnt/server1/Videos/TV Shows/Show1 <-> C:\Videos\TV Shows\Show1

Edited by buccinator

but the paths will never match unless sickchill and emby are on the same server (and environment '/' <-> '\')...

Right exactly, so the next iteration of improvement would be to have a solution for that.

buccinator
27 minutes ago, Luke said:

Right exactly, so the next iteration of improvement would be to have a solution for that.

awesome, thank you sir!

...if only sickchill also had associated UNC paths to mount points like Emby does... then i could have Emby use the UNC paths for local files instead. 

On 5/16/2021 at 10:54 PM, buccinator said:

awesome, thank you sir!

...if only sickchill also had associated UNC paths to mount points like Emby does... then i could have Emby use the UNC paths for local files instead. 

Thanks for the feedback.