Back-up/Restore only issue

abescalamis

abescalamis

The only problem with the plug-in is when it restores libraries, it creates 2 of each, and when you delete one it deletes both. I’ve seen this issue for a very long time and through times I’ve seen users posting about it.

I use it to restore everything except libraries, restoring libraries is a pain in the ass, is easier to do it manually from scratch.

Edited by abescalamis
  • Like 1

Haven't done a library restore in a while but it might be because it's not restoring the type correctly.  I don't know if that got fixed but was a problem previously.

• 1 month later...
abescalamis

It looks like this feature doesn't get to much attention from the devs, today I wanted to use it and look. for a premium feature that you pay is sad to see this. 

417008324_Screenshot2021-06-26114557.thumb.png.8e5ac1fa1e4ededcedce3a903d7ff950.png

363086547_Screenshot2021-06-26115224.thumb.png.8284176198ad765b0bdc728c3d06ec22.png

Edited by abescalamis

Actually we are constantly updating the backup plugin. We just have not been able to chase down the cause of this yet, but we'll take a look at it. Thanks.

abescalamis
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Actually we are constantly updating the backup plugin. We just have not been able to chase down the cause of this yet, but we'll take a look at it. Thanks.

The biggest problem of this issue, is restoring libraries is 100% useless, when I delete one duplicate it deletes all of them, its been like two years since I noticed this issue, hopefully one day you can find the solution.

Any idea on how to delete the collections, those don't have the option to delete and now I have 3, I will do all libraries from scratch but don't know how to delete collections.

If you want to see how bad the issue is I made a video, I been all day trying unsuccessfully, I uploaded the video to youtube here is the link

(39) Library and 4 more pages Personal Microsoft Edge 2021 06 26 18 20 40 - YouTube

Edited by abescalamis

Happy2Play

I am a little confused here, What is your condition doing a restore as your video already show multiple Collections libraries from the start? Is there a existing Database?

What is the content of your backup library folder for one of your duplicated libraries?

example

image.thumb.png.7d616a67dbcfbeaff689526b173adfa4.png

21 hours ago, abescalamis said:

Any idea on how to delete the collections, those don't have the option to delete and now I have 3, I will do all libraries from scratch but don't know how to delete collections.

A little convoluted but if you know databases you can try to find this issue in the database itself or Shutdown Emby, go to the Emby data folder (platform locations are different but shown in the top section of your log or you can see on Dashboard Path section) C:\Users\name\Desktop\Stable\programdata\root\default. Delete the Collections folder and start Emby.  The turns you Collections folder into Mixed Content type allowing you to delete them and a Library scan will create a new Collection Library.

abescalamis
13 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

I am a little confused here, What is your condition doing a restore as your video already show multiple Collections libraries from the start? Is there a existing Database?

What is the content of your backup library folder for one of your duplicated libraries?

example

image.thumb.png.7d616a67dbcfbeaff689526b173adfa4.png

A little convoluted but if you know databases you can try to find this issue in the database itself or Shutdown Emby, go to the Emby data folder (platform locations are different but shown in the top section of your log or you can see on Dashboard Path section) C:\Users\name\Desktop\Stable\programdata\root\default. Delete the Collections folder and start Emby.  The turns you Collections folder into Mixed Content type allowing you to delete them and a Library scan will create a new Collection Library.

This could be a Synology Nas issue only, but what you suggested is one of the first things I tried.

For some reason the server displays the same library multiple times, because in the  /volume1/@appdata/EmbyServer/root/default there is only one library of each, so if the server shows 3 times the same library and I delete one it deletes all 3.

This issue has had me scratching me head for a very long time.

Edited by abescalamis

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, abescalamis said:

This could be a Synology Nas issue only, but what you suggested is one of the first things I tried.

For some reason the server displays the same library multiple times, because in the  /volume1/@appdata/EmbyServer/root/default there is only one library of each, so if the server shows 3 times the same libraries and I delete one it deletes all 3.

This issue has had me scratching me head for a very long time.

The server has changed backups over time so can you provide the contents of a library in your backup library folder.

Did you start with a new database?

But the steps I provide should allow you to delete the multiple Collections library as they are virtual now.

It could be a platform issue as I can't currently reproduce on my Windows test system.

Happy2Play

Have not done a restore from this but this is what I am trying to see if your backup contains old files like this or just new file like previously shown.

image.thumb.png.8927223b1e4587c308b82e6ac9e13ed0.png

13 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Have not done a restore from this but this is what I am trying to see if your backup contains old files like this or just new file like previously shown.

image.thumb.png.8927223b1e4587c308b82e6ac9e13ed0.png

Yes that would be helpful information. Thanks.

abescalamis
13 hours ago, Luke said:

Yes that would be helpful information. Thanks.

I solved it after days of trying (found the issue)

It is the recordings library generated by emby (live tv - DVR), but also did the same thing with the playlists library just in case

1) I deleted the Recordings and Playlist library, restarted emby.

2) I let emby create those libraries by just doing a 1 song playlist and did a live tv recording of a few seconds.

3) Once those two libraries were generated by emby itself, then I loaded the back up again and it worked.

1809942578_Screenshot2021-06-28200922.thumb.png.b10c70a0c61b259ff50830ff5417f131.png1143775880_Screenshot2021-06-28200846.thumb.png.871d65fb4168ecd67287a7dd8fcfb51b.png