Can scheduled tasks interfere with Real Time Monitoring?

miniliQuid
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

miniliQuid

I run my server on windows 10 and it's online 24/7 basically.
Server version 4.5.4.0 currently.

Now I noticed this a few weeks back but when adding files early morning or late at night they aren't being scanned.
Sometimes only 4 hours later, adding files do get scanned and added automatically, yet the ones from before are still missing.
Starting a manual library scan for specific libraries, or just a general library scan will have those same items pop up just fine.

I run all tasks every day between 0:00 and somewhere around 6:00 and 7:00 (not sure when they finish), so it's in almost everyone their downtime.
When I add the files between these times the before mentioned issue occurs.
Adding files around all day for the rest of the week works perfectly fine and they pop up within minutes at most.

Could it be that the scheduled tasks interrupt the RTM?
This is the only thing I can think of since it hardly ever occurs.
It does however ALWAYS occurs when I add files on saturday (friday past midnight or, early saturday morning) without letting it through even once.

When I check the log, those specific files aren't even mentioned in the log, while the files that are added a few hours later are mentioned and showing up pretty much right away in the log.

• Solution

Currently the real-time monitor is not active if a library scan is running. It's something we can look at improving in future updates. Thanks.

• Like 1

miniliQuid

Thanks for the information.
Personally I can work around it.
I already changed up my scheduled tasks after posting this.
Will see if that has solved it for me this weekend, but reading your reply, I guess it will have! :D

Spaceboy
On 15/05/2021 at 16:11, Luke said:

Currently the real-time monitor is not active if a library scan is running. It's something we can look at improving in future updates. Thanks.

as i posted about recently this is essential for live tv recordings while a library scan is in progress, i hope it can be looked at with priority