Official Emby app on LG WEB OS 1.4 keeps crashing after around 30 mins

pinmemoo

pinmemoo

It direct plays from my pi4 server running piOS. The server is fine since I can even play fine on the TV's built in web browser and browser on laptop. However, the app keeps crashing at around 30 mins every time and has to re-launch the app and resume playing.

Some sample scenario, I got some cartoon to play normally for 1 episode which is 20 mins and when it plays the next one automatically it crashes around 5 mins in. Had to relaunch to continue playing and it repeats every episode. I thought it's something to do with playing multiple times in one boot cycle so I test with longer movie after reboot and again, crashes at around 30 mins into the film. Both of those files are x264 and TV app reported direct play. DLNA works fine but it doesn't remember watch history which is unfortunate.

It delights me to find Emby on this old LG TV but Plex, Netflix even basic web browser on the same TV doesn't have this problem.

Is there other more stable app to side load or any other way to use my TV without getting new playback box?

Edited by pinmemoo

Hi there, are you still having an issue with this? If you are, can we please look at an example?

Thanks.