Audio book files not opening in app

fetty651

fetty651

Screenshot_20210514-175937.thumb.png.d0f0cfcdaff7cc77bd68a8408adecc60.pngI'm currently having an issue with opening my audiobooks on my Android app. When I sort by folders, all of the files show, but when I click on one of them, I get what is essentially a black screen (image attatched). This isn't an issue on my computer, however. All files are still accesable there. Also, some files on my phone work, while others don't. The audiobooks are even playable without opening them completely. If I hold down on the cover and hit "play", all files will still play. It just fails to open to the list of tracks. Hasn't been an issue until recently, probably 1 month. 

fetty651

It seems that this issue is caused after refreshing the Metadata. After messing around and re-converting my files to FLAC files, it fixes itself. Very annoying issue. 

fetty651

They were all mp3 or wav files. I had issues editing the data of some of the wav files, so I ended up converting everything. I only had issues when they were flac files, but after converting them from flac to flac, it seems that the android app can open them again. If I hit the refresh/replace metadata button, they go back to being un-openable.

Do you still have any of the original files? Can you provide one for testing?

fetty651

Well this issue seems to have been fixed with the update. Now I can no longer see my community ratings on folders, nor the descriptions, tags or genres that I gave to the main folders. 

On 5/21/2021 at 2:20 AM, fetty651 said:

Now I can no longer see my community ratings on folders, nor the descriptions, tags or genres that I gave to the main folders. 

@fetty651 can you please go over an example of that? Thanks.