Tiny Media Manager vs Emby

mike3821

mike3821

Is Tiny Media Manager worth it? Emby appears to grap most the metadate if not all and store it in our media location folders already?

Why would I want something like Tiny Media Manager?

GrimReaper
17 minutes ago, mike3821 said:

Is Tiny Media Manager worth it? Emby appears to grap most the metadate if not all and store it in our media location folders already?

Why would I want something like Tiny Media Manager?

Granulation.

I have trouble finding out everything it does on the site.. maybe I need to delve deeper.. I realize it shows more finite control over certain areas but I am lost on how that relates to the rest of my programs and playing the media..

Also looking at if it embeds the data... ( I use MetaX for at this point ) and what does it do with items it cannot embed? Or is that just for display and management within TMM

GrimReaper
Just now, mike3821 said:

What's that mean?

You can fine tune your meta-scrapers to a greater degree. And download actor images locally. And scrape trailers automatically. 

1392571885_Screenshot2021-05-14174846.thumb.png.2fdaef0c814fdba3e1eab9d0ab77749a.png

REMOVED, DELETE...

I posted the removed LOL because he explained it.. But more defined control over entries and items, information.. management..

Edited by Guest

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, Hxemby001 said:

I have trouble finding out everything it does on the site.. maybe I need to delve deeper.. I realize it shows more finite control over certain areas but I am lost on how that relates to the rest of my programs and playing the media..

Also looking at if it embeds the data... ( I use MetaX for at this point ) and what does it do with items it cannot embed? Or is that just for display and management within TMM

It doesn't embed metadata, but creates NFO which in turn is read by Emby - and highly compatible, with several recent additions to TMM. I keep all Emby internal meta-scrapers disabled.  

I notice that it downloads trailers and images.. which can be used in EMBY.. 👍 Think that it might be a way to define your library and keep it right on import as well..

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, Hxemby001 said:

I notice that it downloads trailers and images.. which can be used in EMBY.. 👍 Think that it might be a way to define your library and keep it right on import as well..

Yeah, it does, which you can, again, control to a high degree.

747540542_Screenshot2021-05-14180213.thumb.png.deda73413d6175975c4e033134b9b2f9.png

106016069_Screenshot2021-05-14180231.thumb.png.cb8d7eb0adfd3a0376d1e93cf54004c9.png

340654194_Screenshot2021-05-14180250.thumb.png.77268a51c728bc7f264b8ff47feb079d.png

GrimReaper
8 minutes ago, mike3821 said:

Let's just be clear here. There is an annual fee for this program too, no?

To unlock full potential - yes, 10 bucks a year. Else is severely restricted. Crippled. Or use v3 until it breaks. 

mike3821
6 hours ago, GrimReaper76 said:

To unlock full potential - yes, 10 bucks a year. Else is severely restricted. Crippled. Or use v3 until it breaks. 

To be honest, besides trailers I don’t feel it’s worth the money since Emby can grab most everything else...

Gilgamesh_48
19 minutes ago, mike3821 said:

To be honest, besides trailers I don’t feel it’s worth the money since Emby can grab most everything else...

I used to think I was obsessed with my media libraries but now I have run into so many folks creating acquiring "special" artwork and metadata for most/all files in their library that I now believe that I have almost no obsession with my media at all.

This thread, once again, has emphasized just how stable and free of obsession I am. I would never even remotely consider that my media needs any added info that Emby does not provide.

But, then again, I "might" be insane in a different way.

Remember: Insanity is just a state of mind. No less or more valid than any other state.
And, for the people that believe I am insane: You’re Just Jealous Because The Voices Only Speak To Me. ;) 😜

• Haha 2

NO.. not insane...and after 20 years + we are still looking at manageable options to simplify the thing.... Sources which provide the data... Sources to provide the files with the data.. and programs to embed/process/display the data correctly..

...without picking up the 'backpack' and a pile of folders and a pile of papers... and the glasses our energy drink... the laptop bag...on the run... to be able to do it...

I always think about the next level... It would be nice to have a container for it all in one shot.. and one program to do it all.. all the way around... even actor images..

We have a requirement for a different standard for our media these days.. but it should be quick... not so much work.. The majority of us that have issues; are updating the old and bringing into the now. The foreseeable future would state it as such. The ones of us creating or converting our media are still having to do it..

Maybe driving us insane though...and wasting much time in our lives doing so.. Things that helps us along are always a plus.

gungatim

TMM is the shit. been using it from day 1. have tried other scrapers and nothing compares, easily 10x better than Emby.

it is free if you stay under v4, and I see zero reason to ever go up to the new paid version. it has been free until maybe the last 6 months.

unfortunately it doesn't do music videos, but then almost nothing does, for that I use Media Companion but it's clunky and not perfect.

TMM will rename properly, put in season folders, download everything, allow you to choose which version if more than one before it scrapes.

you can easily choose which poster and artwork you want it to use unlike Emby which always grabs the movie poster sans title.

all very easy to navigate in one interface, unlike Emby.

You can also download subtitle files, trailers, all kinds of stuff.

oh and almost forgot, when you are downloading tv shows, you can click on "list missing episodes" and it will list all episodes in the show to make it easy to see what you are missing.

Edited by gungatim