Force emby apps to accept self signed certificates

milkbar62

milkbar62

hi guys my isp has blocked port 80 and I'm unable to authorize my certificates for my ddns. for the sake of the noob users on my network it would be helpful if your apps would automatically accept self signed certificates. i understand this is not possible in web browsers but surely its possible in your apps on smart tv's and consoles etc.... i have recently had to give plex my money which i am not happy about. i dont want to stop supporting emby however if i cant use the secure connections its of no real use to me anymore.

milkbar62

just to be clearer.... i understand my users can click yes to accept the self signed certificates.... what i mean is, it would be good if my users didn't receive this message and didn't have to accept the certificates themselves. its assumed they trust the connection to my server if they are using the app to connect surely?

milkbar62

the plex way of handling things is very convenient.... i would be willing to pay extra if you guys offered a service to handle ssl on your end so that i had a service the worked right out the box with no real headaches.

Regarding self signed certs, we have this on Android and iOS but it's not possible on many platforms.