Terminate video left paused on when device when started on another

ginjaninja

ginjaninja

if you pause a video on 1 device at 50%..thinking you will resume.

but actually resume and watch 100% on 2nd device.

when you eventually go back to 1st device and back out of paused video (since you watched already), emby remembers  playback position 50% of 1st device.

can this be avoided?

tested on roku as 1st device

Edited by ginjaninja
  • Like 2

ginjaninja
28 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, best thing to do is just stop on the first device.

by this i presume you mean back out (there is no stop on roku afaik) and do this prior to choosing play on the 2nd device? that's not really a 'good solution' imo. imagine you were at the other end of the house when you decided to pick another device to finish the episode..

is it that you dont believe its worth improving or its technically complicated to improve?

one approach might be on play events on device 2 to look for other paused sessions on other devices on this media and ask "do you to want stop on other devices" as part of the playstart on device 2? personally i wouldn't mind if that was just the default behaviour.

which gives me an idea for a scripter_X script, api allowing 🙂

In order for the system to work properly in many ways, a stream that is in a paused state, has to report that periodically to the server.  There is really no way around this (without creating a multitude of other problems).

• Like 1

I re-worded your request to the actual behavior you are desiring as opposed to an internal implementation request.

Thanks.