scegliere router wifi

Herbiesan

Herbiesan

Salve a tutti,
Anche se l'argomento non riguarda specificatamente la emby ma riguarda alcuni disagi da me subiti, vorrei condividerli ed assieme sapere se altri qui soffrono di questi disagi, anche allo scopo di creare una consapevolezza condivisa.
Voglio scegliere un nuovo router Wi-Fi per la mia famiglia, ci sono circa 10 dispositivi che devono essere collegati a casa. Ma le informazioni su Internet mi rendono molto confuso. Non so a quali standard dovrei prestare attenzione? Per favore, dammi alcune istruzioni.
Vi ringrazio anticipatamente!!!

padovano

io di preciso non lo so...ma avevo letto un articolo su qui che parlava proprio di router WiFi...te lo metto qui così gli puoi dare uno sguardo.

Ti suggerisco però di contattare anche tu un tecnico che ti possa guidare anche considerando la tua  zona e la relativa copertura da parte dei vari fornitori telefonici.

WiFi as a subject by itself.. is not that hard when it comes to consideration.. even though I am the guy that buys the $500 router.. but it may last me for the next 10-15 years...

Also number of devices is not really as important as what type of devices and their uses.. what they may be doing at maximum ( per usage scenario with the idea of using more ) adding that together with the router capability and needed security.. and leave some room for about that much more overhead... Unless you don't think it will last that long or expect to change it later on.. The requirements of feature rich entertainment and media/gaming also is a consideration with its growing hunger for bandwidth.

Coverage area on your property, walls, and deadspots are also a consideration... WiFi Commander is a good app to look into for seeing what kind of signal strength you have in your home and finding it.. a few others programs out there as well can help effect your buying decision.

Security and support for it.. as well as how the manufacturer writes it firmware and implements on the system making it a secure device in itself.. not just for your network..

Most current models will also offer the best features.. I am a NETGEAR guy for the most part.. But there are many options out there.. I would really have to do the shopping to make a recommendation.

I have a router I bought almost 10 years ago and it is still kicking ass... Though the next one should be.. this one.. Nighthawk Router | WiFi 6E Router - RAXE500 | Netgear  I own a Nighthawk X6 R8000 - AC3200 Tri-Band WiFi Router | NETGEAR currently a decade old almost. The previous 10 years I went through three of them ( not netgear )... I have a Cable Modem, and a Range Extender also by NETGEAR... neither one are currently being used.. but I have been happy with the protection, configuration, and options available from these devices.. 

Edited by Guest