can't find emby APP in LG C1's app store

leonnidas

tchico_master

Hello, 

I have a 2021 LG TV and the emby app continue unavailable to install. 

I'm a emby premium subscriber, and for this reason I will cancel it. 

I did check that Plex is available. I like the emby UI, but I will not wait more then the next week. 

If the installation has to be manual, no problema with that, i do it. 

Regards,

grabirdUK

Just to add my situation in UK. I too have a new 2021 LG that I'm pleased with, so I'm pretty frustrated too. I also am a premium subscriber. Please could Emby advise how soon we may see this app.

But also a word of caution for tchico_master - for another forum really - I've also trialled Plex as I'm new to all this, and hit problems there too with the latest Plex app on the 2021 LG - it won't successfully run with subtitles without streaming problems. See forums for a known issue with LG. Frustrating!

Maboz

I also bought the same TV, and was disappointed discovering this. Clearly not Emby's team fault. I hope the store problem can be solved, or the app sideloaded.

I took care of noting this app miss in my online reviews about the TV.

needbrew99

I just purchased the 2021 LG nano and am not able to find the app as well.  Will this app be available soon?  really disappointed that it is not there

On 5/30/2021 at 6:26 PM, needbrew99 said:

I just purchased the 2021 LG nano and am not able to find the app as well.  Will this app be available soon?  really disappointed that it is not there

Hi, yes, hopefully soon.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
EmbyNewbie

Hi Luke,

Have we anymore news from LG re this matter with a likely time frame?

Thank you in advance.

For other users in the mean time, the Emby server option works wellish, and I also have been using airplay from the my EMBY app when that fails, which is a little more hit and miss.

• 1 month later...
pmurphy0881

Do we have any update as to where we stand on this app getting back into the LG app store for use on the new TV's (C1, G1, etc...)

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, JorTurFer said:

Hi!

any news about this topic? Is possible to install it manually like in Samsung Tizen for example?

Hi, we are working on getting our app released to support newer devices. Thanks.

On 9/27/2021 at 10:15 PM, Luke said:

Hi, we are working on getting our app released to support newer devices. Thanks.

You've been working on it for over 9 months (at least)... it's been a very difficult birth, don't you think? Maybe too much.

And, for this reason, the Emby has already lost many users to the competition, and it will continue to lose.

I appreciate your work, but I'm joining this club my self. The club that left Emby for Plex.

Sad, but true 😔

4 hours ago, DanEl said:

You've been working on it for over 9 months (at least)... it's been a very difficult birth, don't you think? Maybe too much.

And, for this reason, the Emby has already lost many users to the competition, and it will continue to lose.

I appreciate your work, but I'm joining this club my self. The club that left Emby for Plex.

Sad, but true 😔

Ditto

Not only for this reason but Emby layout is more and more like Plex, but Plex is better at it and even has a working tv app.
Since they did not even bother to respond anymore to my own thread about this I switched over and very happy with it.

• 3 weeks later...
DerrickM

Could we possibly get an update on this topic? Just curious about a potential timeline. Will it be this year? Maybe a Christmas gift?

-Thanks

Cheesegeezer

@Luke  @ebr

Hey fella's i'm about to purchase a new tv and would like to stick with LG OLED as i have these throughout the house.  Is there an accurate ETA for this please.

Much appreciated :) 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...