EAC3 audio no longer working

dcook

28 minutes ago, horstepipe said:

The problem is back with beta .44 on devices which do not support eac3 on Android TV.
Guess you need an inapp log?

Yes please, thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
thegrunge

J'ai aussi ce problème avec un client qui utilise le firestick 4k lorsque l'audio est du eac3 cela prend 5 minutes avant que la lecture se lance. De chez moi dans le dashboard c'est comme si la lecture fonctionne, mais ce n'est pas le cas c'est une fausse impression.

I also have this problem with a client who uses the firestick 4k when the audio is from eac3 it takes 5 minutes for playback to start. From home in the dashboard it is as if the reading works, but it is not the case it is a false impression.

Edited by thegrunge

9 hours ago, thegrunge said:

J'ai aussi ce problème avec un client qui utilise le firestick 4k lorsque l'audio est du eac3 cela prend 5 minutes avant que la lecture se lance. De chez moi dans le dashboard c'est comme si la lecture fonctionne, mais ce n'est pas le cas c'est une fausse impression.

I also have this problem with a client who uses the firestick 4k when the audio is from eac3 it takes 5 minutes for playback to start. From home in the dashboard it is as if the reading works, but it is not the case it is a false impression.

Hi, can you try sideloading our standard android app on the same device and let us know how that compares?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

thegrunge

@LukeJe vais essayer, mais je crois que cette version n'est pas dans le store du firestick par défaut, mais avec un transfert manuel de l'application c'est possible de l'installer.

I will try, but I believe that this version is not in the firestick store by default, but with a manual transfer of the application it is possible to install it.

1 hour ago, thegrunge said:

@LukeJe vais essayer, mais je crois que cette version n'est pas dans le store du firestick par défaut, mais avec un transfert manuel de l'application c'est possible de l'installer.

I will try, but I believe that this version is not in the firestick store by default, but with a manual transfer of the application it is possible to install it.

Yes you'll need to sideload it. Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

thegrunge

@LukeJe vais voir avec mon client ça risque d'être une opération compliqué pour lui. Avec un lien direct a mettre dans Downloader ça serait simple par-contre.

I will see with my client that it may be a complicated operation for him. With a direct link to put in Downloader it would be simple on the other hand.

thegrunge

@LukeLe problème était simplement du a des transferts de fichiers non complet.

Merci!

The problem was simply due to incomplete file transfers.

Thank you!

• 1 year later...
On 12/11/2021 at 19:59, Luke said:

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm also facing this issue. With the 'Audio Output' in Playback settings set to 'Auto', the audio is distorted/stuttered when playing media with Dolby tracks. Media plays smoothly albeit low volume when set to  'Downmix to stereo '.

I have tested this on two different TV models. On the other hand, Jellyfin Android TV app plays Dolby correctly on same hardware.

When using Emby on MiBox 4S, the Dolby files play smoothly with Auto audio output option and the same TV also flashes Dolby output notification.

Interestingly, there is also a transcoding issue. Emby used to transcode each file (almost) when using it on TV (whereas JF didn't), so when I turned off transcoding in server, files started playing directly without any issue. Similarly, Emby doesn't transcode any file when using MiBox S.

I think there's some issue with Emby as using Emby on MiBox passthroughs Dolby audio and JF also plays Dolby natively on TV whereas Emby (installed on TV) doesn't play Dolby.

Just now, smsamee said:

I'm also facing this issue. With the 'Audio Output' in Playback settings set to 'Auto', the audio is distorted/stuttered when playing media with Dolby tracks. Media plays smoothly albeit low volume when set to  'Downmix to stereo '.

I have tested this on two different TV models. On the other hand, Jellyfin Android TV app plays Dolby correctly on same hardware.

When using Emby on MiBox 4S, the Dolby files play smoothly with Auto audio output option and the same TV also flashes Dolby output notification.

Interestingly, there is also a transcoding issue. Emby used to transcode each file (almost) when using it on TV (whereas JF didn't), so when I turned off transcoding in server, files started playing directly without any issue. Similarly, Emby doesn't transcode any file when using MiBox S.

I think there's some issue with Emby as using Emby on MiBox passthroughs Dolby audio and JF also plays Dolby natively on TV whereas Emby (installed on TV) doesn't play Dolby.

The problem persists on sideloading Android app.

25 minutes ago, smsamee said:

The problem persists on sideloading Android app.

Also toggled playback correction multiple times but of no avail.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 20/01/2023 at 06:22, Luke said:

Can you try updating to the latest version of the sideload build?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

We've updated our embedded video player to the latest version. Let's see if it plays better with that. Thanks !

Alas! It didn't play correctly. I wonder if Jellyfin app and 3rd party external players (even with Emby) work correctly, then there's something Emby Devs can do, though I don't know much how the software works.

Thanks for helping.

Edited by smsamee
My bad. I checked on MiBox by mistake where there was no problem.

5 hours ago, smsamee said:

Alas! It didn't play correctly. I wonder if Jellyfin app and 3rd party external players (even with Emby) work correctly, then there's something Emby Devs can do, though I don't know much how the software works.

Thanks for helping.

What exactly happened?

20 hours ago, Luke said:

What exactly happened?

Video playback is fine, the problem is with audio. AC3/EAC3 tracks sound robotic and stuttering on Emby installed on TV. External players don't encounter this problem except MX Player, which behaves like Emby with Dolby. I fixed the MX Player issue by loading custom codec.

I tested Jellyfin and Plex, they both play Dolby audio correctly. With Emby for Android TV, I have to set 'mixdown to sterero', ensuing muffled sound.

Edited by smsamee