Recording Button - Please fix

mike3821

mike3821

Can we please have the record button corrected. If you have it setup to record a series, it should state it. However, you can keep hitting record series.

Hi can you go over an example of what you're seeing?

A couple of screen shots if possible would be great.

mike3821
12 minutes ago, cayars said:

Hi can you go over an example of what you're seeing?

A couple of screen shots if possible would be great.

I can’t see it now. Maybe because I am on the beta app now.

On this topic however, I think we should get a pop up when selecting the record button while watching to include a polio option to select one time recording, series recording and the options to select new shows and such.

As of right now, if you hit record it just starts recording, then you have to hit it again for series. To modify the series, you need to back out go to series and adjust options for only new episodes. Which then leaves a partial recording of the currently playing episodes.

This is messy.

You would setup series recording from the guide itself.

Choosing record while watching is only a one item recording since that's what you're watching.

mike3821
Just now, cayars said:

You would setup series recording from the guide itself.

Choosing record while watching is only a one item recording since that's what you're watching.

I guess this is depending on the thinking of the developers. I feel like it should pop up to ask for one time, series and if you select series it will present you with all options.

We modeled it after WMC, which does not prompt you with a dialog when clicking record series.

5 minutes ago, mike3821 said:

I guess this is depending on the thinking of the developers. I feel like it should pop up to ask for one time, series and if you select series it will present you with all options.

Keep in mind from the GUIDE itself you have this choice
image.png.9b015d92637eae2a36ba7ed46ea11657.png

mike3821
11 minutes ago, cayars said:

I will look again when I am in front of the TV.

Thanks for the responses. Some of my concerns may be a matter of understanding how to navigate... 

mike3821
18 minutes ago, cayars said:

So I just took a look at this on the android app from the guide. It prompts like you mentioned, but when you hit record series it doesn't ask you for additional options. It will just either record all or new depending if the show is new or old?

I would assume it should pop-up for you to select the options.

Are you using Android or Android TV?  What device?

@ebrI was just looking at this on ATV and the series options seem to be missing.

The only way I see now to change this is the SERIES tab which isn't ideal.

Can you take a look at this?

mike3821
Just now, Luke said:

HI, can you please describe it?

Why does it keep allowing me to select record series over and over? The expected behaviour would be “series recording already schedule” and not keep dropping in the series multiple times.

On 5/13/2021 at 10:32 AM, cayars said:

@ebrI was just looking at this on ATV and the series options seem to be missing.

The only way I see now to change this is the SERIES tab which isn't ideal.

Can you take a look at this?

On 5/13/2021 at 9:58 AM, Luke said:

We modeled it after WMC, which does not prompt you with a dialog when clicking record series.

It is designed to just follow the default settings for series recordings.  If you want to change them, then you go back and adjust them after you set it up.  When we put this in a few years ago, we made sure to follow exactly what WMC did.

But it's different then the web app, theater, etc
image.thumb.png.86f6f54d3cc8409333151e8d2424143f.png

But more troubling is that on ATV if you click a show you get a PLAY, RECORD SERIES & RECORD option.  So you set it to record series and the grid gets a red dot.  Select it again and you get the same option but not a CANCEL SERIES option.

The same options exist in Android TV.

image.png

One issue I see is that you may need to move off of the guide entry and then back onto it right after setting it to record.

I knew it was there but a couple quick tests weren't working.
Yes it's some type of refresh issue.  As you say you can button up or down to a different entry and then go back and it works fine.

mike3821
20 minutes ago, ebr said:

The same options exist in Android TV.

image.png

One issue I see is that you may need to move off of the guide entry and then back onto it right after setting it to record.

So is there a fix that can be pushed? Did you see my video?

38 minutes ago, mike3821 said:

So is there a fix that can be pushed? Did you see my video?

Hi.  That's the same issue we were talking about.  We can look at it but, for now, if you simply move off of the guide entry and then back onto it, you won't be able to do that.

mike3821
2 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  That's the same issue we were talking about.  We can look at it but, for now, if you simply move off of the guide entry and then back onto it, you won't be able to do that.

Thanks for looking into this.

I will do this for now.

@ebrIt works correctly in 2.0.18g

One comment however is the 6 buttons on the popup pag actually go off the page a smidge on both ends but are very visible.
Lot of buttons on that page.

5 minutes ago, cayars said:

One comment however is the 6 buttons on the popup pag actually go off the page a smidge on both ends but are very visible.
Lot of buttons on that page.

Yeah, I'm going to re-design that...