New Content Notification Webhook

darkside40

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
horstepipe

I'd like to have that, too. Running a chat server with a webhooks plugin and like it to be configured that Emby sends new content messages to it.

• 2 weeks later...
darkside40

Beeing honest i had a look at the Playback Events Webhook and it is massive what amount of info's is sent out everytime it is triggered.

If we would get the same for new added content that could be easily fed to an external service, program etc. which manages the gathering of the information, sending it out via various channels etc without to bother about the non existing plugin documentation etc. in Emby.

Would be a game changer for me.

36 minutes ago, darkside40 said:

Beeing honest i had a look at the Playback Events Webhook and it is massive what amount of info's is sent out everytime it is triggered.

If we would get the same for new added content that could be easily fed to an external service, program etc. which manages the gathering of the information, sending it out via various channels etc without to bother about the non existing plugin documentation etc. in Emby.

Would be a game changer for me.

Yes I agree we need to trim it down.

darkside40

No leave it as it is please. I plan to integrate Emby that way into my Smart home, so for me it is important to have things like the client id etc. at hand.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/13/2021 at 3:24 PM, Luke said:

Hi, yes we can.

This event will be extremely helpful completing an app im working on that would forgo the manual polling of the api to get new content.

• 4 weeks later...
Danklord

+1 for me. I already use one platform for all kinds of notifications on other services via webhook. Adding more from emby would be great !

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/16/2022 at 11:28 AM, m7eesn said:

@Luke any news about this? 

It's on the to do list. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
skidmarks

I never got into worrying about webhooks and discord bots and all that crazy stuff until today!  Tried the unofficial discord plug in and it seems to be dead.  Looked at the webhooks options and it didn't support the information i was looking for.  My timing of all this was perfect...  sounds like a solution is coming soon!

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/18/2022 at 4:15 PM, Luke said:

This is included in the 4.7.9 maintenance release of Emby Server. There's lots of new webhook options to play with.

Please try it out and report your experience. Thanks !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1