H265 video is stuttering and unwatchable

fanuser79

fanuser79

Hi guys,

I am new to Emby and also Synology, but I have this problem... I've bought premium, just to be able to watch everything I want with the best experience as I could...

I've downloaded some content in H265, wanted to watch it, and it is unwatchable, why?

My library is on a new Synology 920+ running Emby server (not in docker) connected directly to 2.5G port on my AX router again with a cable to my Samsung TV, so it is not about LAN speed I guess... What can I do to play my content as in 4K, because it is a 4K TVset... Should I set something inside Emby server or...?

Thanks in advance

vdatanet

Hi,

What's the problem? Is direct playing, transcoding or remuxing?

• Like 2

FrostByte

Along with the logs please provide the TV model and app version also.

If I were to venture a guess vdatanet is right and you're trying to play some form of HD audio or subtitle which the TV doesn't support which then needs to be converted.   This always causes playback issues with the Samsung app when streaming high bitrate material like 4K.  If so, try selecting an alternate track which your TV supports before clicking play.  For the best experience always select tracks which are compatible with your TV and can Direct Play first. 

• Like 1