Kodi video add-ons ability in Emby server for windows

richardvrusso
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

richardvrusso

Hi everyone,

Been searching around a lot sorry if this is documented somewhere. Wondering, the video add-ons feature of kodi, to say stream "content" around the net. Is there a similar feature/function/plugin that can be setup on my windows emby server?

I'm thinking about getting a Roku ultra to replace my Fire TV Stick 4k. However then I would lose kodi. Another rabbit-hole I should probably go down is if Roku has a similar ability...

Thanks,

®Rch

1 hour ago, richardvrusso said:

Wondering, the video add-ons feature of kodi, to say stream "content" around the net

What, exactly, is that feature?

richardvrusso

Sorry more specifically, I add the "Rising Tides" video add-on to Kodi. Then I can stream European football. 

• Solution

You cannot do what you are asking from within EMBY.. but if you have a TV Tuner available you can get a Premiere Subscription.. and plug EMBY into it..

from my short time usage with KODI.. I believe that what you are asking about is a NO.. Some people extend KODI with EMBY...but strange to me as KODI does it.. except some of the info which is available..

What your looking to keep is going to have to come from TV Apps.. KODI... or A Dongle Stick.. or something of that nature.. Another reason I like actually using a windows box for this.. ore configuration and control.. so on and so forth, :P 

richardvrusso

Yes. Great reply! Thanks so much guys.🤘

🤔 Maybe I will switch to a Roku ultra. Then get a Rasp.Pi to mess around with Linux/Kodi. 

richardvrusso

I like that the main streaming device in the living room will be 1Gbps wired 🤓

Plus always disliked the fire tv onslaught of ads. 

DEFINITELY hate ads.. also why I use an OS I can control.. I have seen enough ad campaigns to fund a world war..LOL ( per click at $0.00000005 each )

richardvrusso

LOL and very true. 

🤔 I love options so now I'm pondering how I could get Win10 behind the TV... Reason being, all I have is the TV hanging on the wall with the fire stick and chromecast. So no storage cabinet to hold a micro PC. 

There are MANY small options.. with wireless peripherals as well as remote size keyboard and mouse.. I would have to do some searches.. but we discussed this in here before too.. I am running a device which sold for $1,200 on mine.. DELL 7040 Micro Form Factor... They still sell for good price.. connected via Lan to NAS running a server for the entire network..

There are several good choices.. a mini PC box is actually the first thing that comes to mind.. about $130-ish somewhere.. but 4K ready.. as far running the server there still some more choices..though.. but shapes up to a full blown/power system..ready.. They are small enough to attach several ways to the back without being seen..

richardvrusso

Ya know that true. I have two 7060's in the basement as "servers". 😄  "borrowing" from work.

I think the biggest unknown to me is how to use Win10 but have an interface like a Roku/Fire TV? 🤔

Remote for the PC.. several options including Handheld keyboards.. via Bluetooth.. some even have directional joysticks.. ( greatly improves searching and typing/control ).. Unified Remote Server and Remote App for your phone.. 🤷‍♂️

Easy interface.. Tablet Mode... set up the start screen accordingly.. simple configuration of links and shortcuts and/or apps such as creating and app for EMBY WebUI with Edge.. Pinned to the Start screen .. which should be configured to show by default..

There might be a few things to work out there but you technically have the ability to set up your 'Smart TV' with more robust options and system control than ever before.. with simple configuration. 

The other option would be to write your own Hub.. or front door for it.. running on a webserver.. There have been some other ideas and options over time in the past to do several things of this nature..

EDIT: Didn't think about the Video.. But with them being in the basement.. Mine is sitting quietly unseen behind my TV.. connected to my AVR.. but there are a few options to get the video that far out there..

Edited by Guest