Library configuration

thetysons

hi there -- I am running the old Media Browser 2.x version for WMC.

I had a hard drive failure, and needed to reinstall everything.  However, the configuration program no longer works -- everything I try to do results in a crash.

I was wondering if I could build my library configuration manually.  I've looked thru the files in appdata, but don't see anything in either xml file for the library.

Can anyone share how I could tell MBC the locations of my move files?  If it's in one of the XML files, can you share a snippet of the file where that's defined?

Luke

Hi, why not install emby server?

thetysons

Hi Luke, I have a full lifetime license for Emby, and I've tried to use it in the past.  However, the old Media Browser is still our favorite, and it works exactly like we want.  If there's a way to configure my libraries manually, I'd like to continue to use it.

ebr

Very sorry but there is no way we can support MB 2.x.  I will move this to that old legacy section just in case there is someone else that is watching it.

Thanks.

jachin99

Is there any way you can hook up that old hard drive and possibly read any data from it?  If so then maybe you could also grab your old configuration file.  Have you installed updates on the new machine?  Was your old machine Win 7 or Win 7 SP1?  I have never run MB 2.X so I haven't run into your problem.  I know Emby for WMC is similar, and if you post in that forum maybe someone can help you set it up so that it is similar to what you had.  

• Like 1