BCORE Rips Question

David Patt

David Patt

So i found out about new quality rips. Sony launches Bravia CORE streaming service | What Hi-Fi? (whathifi.com) I try it out on my Emby but god it stutter as hell. Movie in question has video stream bitrate
77,214 kbps and app itself freeze so much. Not i need that level of quality because movie has like 50 GB and it is short one. But did someone succesfuly play that type of files ?

David Patt

I download rip from that streaming service. It is legal in my country. So it is just plain old MKV file. But better image and sound then BLURAY. But either Emby or my hardware cant keep up. I was just curious if somebody try it and fail as me or was succesful.

What OS and browser? or APP.. I found a solution to EDGE on Windows 10.. for HEVC..

EDIT: Actually...not for sure an something this size.. because of data read/write.. local drive would be the best solution to test.

Edited by Guest

David Patt
1 minute ago, Hxemby001 said:

What OS and browser? or APP.. I found a solution to EDGE on Windows 10.. for HEVC..

I try play it with Emby on my Sony Bravia TV. 

48 minutes ago, David Patt said:

So i found out about new quality rips. Sony launches Bravia CORE streaming service | What Hi-Fi? (whathifi.com) I try it out on my Emby but god it stutter as hell. Movie in question has video stream bitrate
77,214 kbps and app itself freeze so much. Not i need that level of quality because movie has like 50 GB and it is short one. But did someone succesfuly play that type of files ?

Would you be able to provide one of these files for us to test with?

David Patt
5 minutes ago, cayars said:

Would you be able to provide one of these files for us to test with?

Yes. I will PM you with link as i upload it. (It will take some time)

Edited by David Patt
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, David Patt said:

I try play it with Emby on my Sony Bravia TV. 

Hi.  77Mb/s is well beyond the specs of what that TV can probably handle but it would be good to look at details of an example.

Yeah according to what they said on the link he provided it requires more than 100 MB/s to even watch.. more than cable service.. 😜 

Well, for bitrate 80mb and over, these media been available for some times now on some services as Kaleidescape for their hardware.

You will need hardware to play that, and most important internet as fiber, or maybe the new starlink when it give a better speed.

And yes, Sony can do it (it team with the K. system for some time now).

• 7 months later...
Rohan Voigt

For BCORE rips they will play smoothly if you have

1. An I7/I9 CPU (Intel)

2. Decent GPU

3. Windows 10 HEVC Extensions for X265

4. Store the file on either a NAS or SSD, most budget mechanical HDD's cannot keep up despite having SATA3 to back them up