M3U Channel Grouping

rjwill10

rjwill10

I added an M3U to my server last night, but was a little disappointed when I saw how the channels appear. Basically, there are over 7000 channels and VOD items listed in the live tv section, with no way to filter them or categorise them, so browsing for something to watch is near impossible.

Can anyone recommend a better way of setting this up with Emby? I've read that a service called XTREAM Editor can let me clean things up myself, but will Emby then be able to take the new M3U and show the categories and channels i create?

Hi, For now the best approach would be to install xTeVe.  Run your m3u file into xTeVe then you can use filters to remove VOD content.  You can use filters to remove other countries or languages you don't want.  Then once you have your list down to a manageable amount can individually edit channels to remove things like home shopping channels and others you may not want.

Then you set the export path xTeVe gives you in Emby and you get the nice streamlined version of just the channels you want.

rjwill10
2 hours ago, cayars said:

Hi, For now the best approach would be to install xTeVe.  Run your m3u file into xTeVe then you can use filters to remove VOD content.  You can use filters to remove other countries or languages you don't want.  Then once you have your list down to a manageable amount can individually edit channels to remove things like home shopping channels and others you may not want.

Then you set the export path xTeVe gives you in Emby and you get the nice streamlined version of just the channels you want.

Thanks, will give it a try.

Hi. The next release of the server (fairly soon) will allow you to filter these in the guide and channel views by their group tags.