After playback, show a post-playback screen instead of the detail screen

vdatanet

vdatanet

At the end of playback instead of displaying the detail screen, a post-playback screen could be displayed. For example, in TV Shows you could offer to play the next episode, in movies, you can offer related movies or if the film is part of a collection, offer to play the next item.

• Like 8
  • Agree 1

Hi there, yes it's not a bad idea. thanks for the feedback.

Maybe a recommendation screen with posters.. based on the selection or selections if a part f a Collection.

ginjaninja

i sorely miss not being able to start the next episode really easily from the screen you end up on when the previous episode finishes...(roku experience).

Do 'Next Up' options not work on Roku?

EDIT: Play Next Episode Automatically option was what I meant to be specific.

Edited by Guest

vdatanet
5 minutes ago, ginjaninja said:

i sorely miss not being able to start the next episode really easily from the screen you end up on when the previous episode finishes...(roku experience).

That's the goal of this FR. I like the Netflix post-play screen when auto queue episodes is disabled. Just pressing OK, you play the next episode. Using Emby you have to scroll down to the Next Up hub, scroll right, press Ok for next episode detail, and press ok again to start playback.

• Like 2

vdatanet
On 5/12/2021 at 9:07 PM, vdatanet said:

That's the goal of this FR. I like the Netflix post-play screen when auto queue episodes is disabled. Just pressing OK, you play the next episode. Using Emby you have to scroll down to the Next Up hub, scroll right, press Ok for next episode detail, and press ok again to start playback.

As a workaround, what I usually do, if the remote control has a play button, from the Emby home screen I press play on the Next Up hub item, at the end of the playback when returning to the home screen, the Next Up hub is updated, then pressing Play plays the next episode.

CBers
On 08/05/2021 at 21:28, vdatanet said:

For example, in TV Shows you could offer to play the next episode

The Android TV app already does that and has for many years.

Which client are you referring to?

vdatanet
1 minute ago, CBers said:

Which client are you referring to?

Some clients do not have that feature such Apple TV. Regarding the Android TV client, I don't know if it shows the dialogue offering the next episode if continuous playback is disabled. I'll try it when I get home. I have continuous playback disabled because I sometimes (more often than desired) fall asleep, and Apple TV doesn't have "Are you still watching?" implemented either.

vdatanet
3 hours ago, CBers said:

I can confirm that the popup offering to play the next episode, only is shown if continuous play is on.