Subtitle Fonts

moiahbabi
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

moiahbabi

Hello,

New to Emby, but just wanted to know if it is currently possible to change subtitle font to a custom one? if not, can I use "subfont.woff2" for srt subtitles too?

the reason is that when ever I use the SSA subtitle format, I would get a consistent font style across all devices, that is from the "subfont.woff2", which looks like this:

SSA.thumb.png.b97c34d00f85f70fd498e39e3074bef5.png

but when I switch to the SRT file, the font style is dependent on the system default. for example in windows I got the following style:

SRT.thumb.png.a1b2921063f7549d5814a6b9e2d3c117.png

I believe this because Roboto font does not support arabic, so it uses system default as a fallback.

Hi,

As cayars said, but why not simply use SSA it supported unless I misunderstand the issue here.

My best

moiahbabi

Hello,

2 hours ago, Abobader said:

Hi,

As cayars said, but why not simply use SSA it supported unless I misunderstand the issue here.

My best

it is just that I have an external tool to download missing subtitles in multiple languages, which mostly downloads in SRT format. I can manually change it to SSA files, but this means changing all files instead making the change once on the server. 

for now, I will check https://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/98-feature-requests/ to see if similar request exists.

thanks.

• Like 1