Several features that are lacking in Emby.

leifrodhared

I think so unless that was meant for the Original Posters..

EDIT: and so sorry for temporary hijack and off-topic.. :) 

I thought I might get a little compatibility out of some of my files that way but it seems not so.. Which I should have researched the differences in version of the files in question to even see if it did.. It did still kick along just fine though.. :P  As always.. still had the compatibility issue.. Looks like I simple have to covert some of the files as I run across them.. Not for sure what it is,, I posted about it a long time ago seems like but still haven't found the answer yet file attributes.. MediaInfo.. nothing reveals the issue.. kind of strange.. They play in other players which is weird.. Nailing it down is the hard one..

Edited by Guest

leifrodhared

1. There is a confusing logic in the main UI, Why selecting multiple folders does not allow me to shuffle them straight into the play queue?

If I select several and select the shuffle from the main folder view not the green highlighted menu, the whole location shuffles, not my selection.

Please make this more intuitive.

2. What I also noticed is that the queue is not being saved for music and can't be brought back for a specific user when they leave session or say play a movie in between.

The queue should be much more persistent, for instance the latest Beta freezes the web tab sometimes, when I reload the page to fix this my queue is gone.

It's a pain to redo the queue after each login/refresh or any of the triggers that empty it currently.

13 minutes ago, leifrodhared said:

1. There is a confusing logic in the main UI, Why selecting multiple folders does not allow me to shuffle them straight into the play queue?

If I select several and select the shuffle from the main folder view not the green highlighted menu, the whole location shuffles, not my selection.

Please make this more intuitive.

If you mean the play/shuffle buttons at the top center of the list, they don't currently tie into the multi-select feature but it's something I've been meaning to add.

• Agree 1

leifrodhared

3. The play queue does not scroll with playback, when I use media keys to skip, the play queue does not update position to follow playback.

On 5/21/2021 at 5:34 PM, Luke said:

If you mean the play/shuffle buttons at the top center of the list, they don't currently tie into the multi-select feature but it's something I've been meaning to add.

This is in 4.6.1.