Multichannel FLAC to AAC transcoding issue on mobile data/External WiFi

Richard Branches

Richard Branches

The right sample?

That song is exactly the same that appears in the log that I shared in the very first comment of this topic.

If you want I can share a different one that doesn't work either.

2 minutes ago, Richard Branches said:

The right sample?

That song is exactly the same that appears in the log that I shared in the very first comment of this topic.

If you want I can share a different one that doesn't work either.

Yes please, thanks.

Richard Branches

"Doesn't work" means the error message whose screenshot is in the initial commentary of this topic appears.

• 2 weeks later...
Richard Branches

On server beta 4.7.0.3 this issue is finally fixed, however, the server shows the song is "Direct playing" when it should display the current transcoding status, I hope you also fix that:

Server.png.2ffd5e230a408359dc5720587789a1f6.png

Thank you very much.

Richard Branches

Yes, I checked the logs folder and the logs for each song I tested were there, I opened one of them and it clearly said FLAC -> AAC on one of the lines...

Richard Branches
On 6/16/2021 at 2:10 PM, Richard Branches said:

On server beta 4.7.0.3 this issue is finally fixed, however, the server shows the song is "Direct playing" when it should display the current transcoding status, I hope you also fix that:

Server.png.2ffd5e230a408359dc5720587789a1f6.png

Thank you very much.

I found out it's the Android Mobile app that causes the above problem because the web app makes the server to display the correct status, I hope you fix it:

webapp.png.6d2e1c1a408568af8cc8e965a62c45e1.png

• 1 month later...
Richard Branches
On 6/18/2021 at 11:14 AM, Richard Branches said:

I found out it's the Android Mobile app that causes the above problem because the web app makes the server to display the correct status, I hope you fix it:

webapp.png.6d2e1c1a408568af8cc8e965a62c45e1.png

The release notes of version 3.2.05 of Emby for Android that was released last week says "Fix direct play/transcoding status display for music playback", however, I've been unable to test that due to having the Emby TCP port blocked by my ISP and I'm still waiting for a technician to come over my house and fix the problem, therefore, I will confirm if it's working on my end as soon as I'm able to do so.

Richard Branches

The problem is the public IP changed so the ISP must reassign the port to that new IP on their side, the thing is they must send a technician which is something unnecessary but it's their rules.

It's not the first time it happens though 😒

I'll reply back as soon as I'm able to test this out.

• Thanks 1