Vbox - Native Support in Emby

ciarantwomey

ciarantwomey

Hi there

I'm new to emby. I took out a premiere account to use the live tv function with my vbox (xti 3340)

In the article below it notes that emby has native support for vbox but when setting up I dont see it as an option only - hdhomerun, m3u etc

Can setup through m3u but this isnt great - why isnt vbox an option like noted in the guide below?

Thanks in advance

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44002060569-vbox-tv-gateway-tuner

Spaceboy

I’d guess because it’s only beta at present and you have installed the stable branch

ciarantwomey

Th

6 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

I’d guess because it’s only beta at present and you have installed the stable branch

thanks for the prompt reply - yes I downloaded a stable version. So I presume I need to uninstall and then download a beta version. (Setting up via windows and will stream/ watch live tv on fire tv) any particular beta version ?

this may sound stupid (novice here) when accessing my vbox on the emby app on the fire tv does my emby server have to be on ? Ie do I alway need to have my pc on? 

thanks fir your help

pwhodges
12 minutes ago, ciarantwomey said:

So I presume I need to uninstall and then download a beta version. (Setting up via windows and will stream/ watch live tv on fire tv) any particular beta version ?

The current beta is very near release, so I suggest simply downloading it and using it, and updating to stable when the release is finalised.

Download the version you need from here:
https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases
Then (with the server not running) replace the "system" directory with that you have downloaded - no need to uninstall first.  You can find the location of the Emby-Server directory at the bottom of the server dashboard - the system directory is in it.

13 minutes ago, ciarantwomey said:

this may sound stupid (novice here) when accessing my vbox on the emby app on the fire tv does my emby server have to be on ? Ie do I alway need to have my pc on?

Your server must be running; the clients rely on the server which provides them with the video stream to display.  You can also download media to portable devices for off-line viewing, but that's not relevant for live TV, obviously!

Paul

ciarantwomey

Many thanks - I got the vbox direct setup when I downloaded the beta - cheers

Is there a known issue with the emby epg? - When I specify UK I repeatedly get this error message

"There was an error downloading TV lineups. Please ensure your information is correct and try again."

Hi, when entering your postal code try entering only the first part up to the space and see if that works for you.

Let us know how you make out.

ciarantwomey

Thanks cayars - this worked.

Is there anyway to re-order the channels in emby? I was hoping it would align with with the vbox or that the emby premiere guide would assign numbers

Also I thought there were logos with the channels in emby premiere?

ciarantwomey

Hi 

yea, followed the above. - think I have guide now , however should logos not come with emby premiere? (Vbox doesn’t have them)

thankd for your replies 

ciarantwomey

Thanks - no I’m using the emby guide , hence I thought the logos would be there?

using vbox guide means it’s a manual process to add each logo 

If using Emby Guide data you should get the logos from it.

Would you like to do a quick remote session and let me take a look at your setup?
I might see something we could change to fix this for you.

If so send me a PM and we can set this up.

• 11 months later...
Nikoh77

hey, i just installed emby server ver.  4.7.0.34 beta but in don't see native support... i see only HD Homerun and M3U, where i wrong?

2 hours ago, Nikoh77 said:

hey, i just installed emby server ver.  4.7.0.34 beta but in don't see native support... i see only HD Homerun and M3U, where i wrong?

It needs to be added back but it's the same thing as m3u, so just use that.