Android auto reconnect issues

dlnqt

dlnqt

I am happy with the addition to the automatic reconnect issue with android auto.  I have noticed a bug though that I would like to share.  It seems that about half of the time when I start Android Auto, Emby will not automatically reconnect.  When I hit the icon on the bottom to maximize Emby, it says network error.  If I shutdown android auto and restart it that normally automatically resumes Emby.  I hope that my issue was stated clearly.  Thanks for the support.

Hi there, can you please provide the android app log from when this happens:

Thanks !

dlnqt

I was not able to get to the android app logs...but I have included the Emby server logs.  it happened again today around 13:37.  I had to restart my cars headunit and then Emby automatically reconnected again.   I also  do not have this problem with any other Android app.  I hope this helps. Thank you!

embyserver.txt

4 hours ago, dlnqt said:

I was not able to get to the android app logs...but I have included the Emby server logs.  it happened again today around 13:37.  I had to restart my cars headunit and then Emby automatically reconnected again.   I also  do not have this problem with any other Android app.  I hope this helps. Thank you!

embyserver.txt 718.54 kB · 0 downloads

Hi, thanks. There's nothing obvious here though so we really need to see the android app log.

Hi, are you sure the device had it's network connection re-established when you tried to do this?

dlnqt

I notice that it tends to happen in areas with a weaker signal.  If I immediately restart the system it then connects.  This is the only app in my system that this happens with.   Is there a way to make it to where it keeps trying to establish the connection instead of giving me a network error message?

Android auto is a Google app. We're only providing data for it to display. I think this is just happening when you don't have a network connection.

Regarding the reconnect problem, please try again with the next update to the Emby android app and let us know how that compares. Thanks.