2 instances of audio playing

Reaper.i
Go to solution Solved by Reaper.i,

Reaper.i

There has been this issue with playback on my server where emby is installed. I will try my best to describe it. 

The issue:

When I play any form of media be it tv shows or music, the file initially starts to play normally. But if I move the playback slider (or the volume slider), 2 things happen:

A ) The file will play from where I moved the slider to. (This is pretty much what is supposed to happen)

B ) An another instance of the files audio starts playing from the start of the file at max emby volume.

The second instance of audio keeps playing even after I pause the music or video and even move back to my emby home screen. It keeps playing until I refresh the page.

What I've done to try to fix it:

I have completely reinstalled emby-server, but the issue persists.

I have a friend who also has emby and is on the same version as me. I sent him a couple of my files to see if this was an issue with the media I had, but it played without any issues on his server. 

I also tried to check if it was a browser issue on the server, but the issue persisted on all the other browsers I tried it on.  i.e Chrome, Firefox, Edge. 

Other Points to note:

The issue only occurs when i try to play something on the server. Playback on all my client devices is fine. 

I'm not sure if this issue started after a server update or not, but I do have the "emby server up to date" turned on.

This playback issue occurs regardless of if I use localhost:8096, or 192.168.8.100:8096 to access emby on my server’s browser.

Specifications:

Emby Server Version: 4.5.4.0

Windows 10   OS build:19042.928

CPU: AMD 1600

I will attach my embyserver.txt log. It was taken with enable debug logging turned on. I recreated the issue wiith an episode from a tv show and 1 song in the log.

embyserver.txt

Hello Reaper.i,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Hi, I've never heard of this before. Why exactly do you think there are two instances of the same track playing?

Thanks. Can you also provide the contents of the browser debug console?

Reaper.i
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Thanks. Can you also provide the contents of the browser debug console?

https://pastebin.com/1pW3FRAi

I believe this is what you meant by that, although im not sure. 

I copied whatever there was there under the console tab.

If there is another way to do it, please let me know.

Edited by Reaper.i
the pastebin link didnt seem to work so i updated it

Do you have any browser extensions installed? You could try removing them.

Reaper.i
33 minutes ago, Luke said:

Do you have any browser extensions installed? You could try removing them.

Yeah I did have ublock origin installed. I've removed it now, but it does not seem to have fixed the issue.

This issue is present on all the browsers i have installed. i.e its present on edge and firefox as well, both of which have no extensions installed.

Ok, I'm not really sure what to say. The console log suggests that the web app thinks it has only initiated playback just once. That almost looks to me like something is intercepting it on the machine and relaying it to the audio output device. I'm really not sure.

Reaper.i
8 hours ago, Luke said:

Ok, I'm not really sure what to say. The console log suggests that the web app thinks it has only initiated playback just once. That almost looks to me like something is intercepting it on the machine and relaying it to the audio output device. I'm really not sure.

Well what i've done now is stop programs one by one, which are running in the background, to see if thats whats causing the issue. 

And I've found kaspersky to be the program that's causing it. So essentially when kaspersky isnt running, the issue isn't there.

I've been going through kaspersky's settings to see what it was doing to cause this but i honestly just can't find anything. 

It's like if kaspersky is turned on, and working normally--->the issue is there

If kaspersky is running in the background, but all its protection is turned of---> the issue is there

If kaspersky is completely closed and not running in the background---> the issue isn't there

I'll probably have to head to kaspersky support to figure it out, but if you know anything about it please let me know.

• Solution
Reaper.i

Yeah I've found a solution for it.

Turns out if you install the kaspersky browser extension along with the kaspersky you have installed, the issue seems to go away.

Another method would be to just uninstall kaspersky. 

• Like 1